CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Day 36

Everytime I'm hit with the sudden inspiration to gym, something is sure to come up. Whether its period (seriously, women should get cheaper gym memberships because the likelihood of them going to the gym when on the rag is low...), headaches, working on my US visa, blablabla. Anyway, I was very inspired the other day to go to the gym (I'm always inspired to gym on Sundays, I also don't know why), so I headed before random excuse #1342343 took over...

I was pretty late when I arrived (had an outing with Ben earlier), so this was what I did :
a. 45 minutes on the threadmill. Seriously, I've lost all my stamina. Highest I can go now is only 7kph! Wtf happened? I have the lung capacity of a 70 year old who has smoked for 60 years. Was really abashed. Not only that, had this horrible stitch at my side. How to 'cure' stitches ah? I've never figured it out. Sometimes drinking water helps, sometimes I have to "run it off".

b. 1 hour on the stationary bike. Wow, this is the laziest way to work out evar. I could even read my Q&A novel (by Vikas Swarup, I totally recommend it!) and didn't feel the time pass by at all. But felt damn guilty looking at the other people working out on the stepper or threadmill while I was sitting on my arse ... READING. ~_~"

c. Worked out on the lower body!!
i. 15reps x 10 sets of abductor
ii. 15reps x 10 sets of adductor
iii. 15reps x 5sets of leg curl
iv. 15reps x 5sets of leg extension
v. 15 x 10 of leg press
vi. 15 x 10 of low row
vii. 15 x 2 (each) of glutes
viii. 15 x 5 sets of calves extension

I think that's about it! And I had to lower the reps for leg curl and leg extension, otherwise I won't be able to walk the next day! As it is, I felt damn tired that night, but was right as rain the next day! :)

0 comments: