CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 30, 2008

Day 145

Arrived at the gym a little too late for Body Jam, so I worked out for 20 minutes on the Cardio Wave machine. Standard at level 6, really pushed myself and it felt great! Also because there was this girl next to me who is damn high stamina one, so I kiasu-ed and didn't want to lose out to her also, hehe. :P


After that was time for Body Combat. Don't know why got people wanna stand sooooo near to me when they come late when there's so much more space in the middle of the room. Like me issit??? -___- Anyway, got to try the new BC 36 --- really enjoyed it but I don't think I can do the "split the class into two" track for a very long time. Forgot to write yesterday that I did 50 lunges on each leg on Sunday. HOW was I to know that there's a CRAZY lunges track in BC? BC is really becoming like Body Attack already! -_______-


Started with Walking in Memphis, which I liked so much last time that I blogged about
Scooter's version here. I thought this would be Scooter's version as well ("I'm Raving, I'm Raving"). It goes into James Bond Theme at the end of the warm-up. Alright warm-up, nice songs, the movement is quite typical and nothing new... so no complaints. :P


I like Born To Be Wild, can't really remember Magic Touch and Zombie for the jump kick track was quite difficult. Wah, training BC enthusiasts to become like Wolverine. The scratching is a bit like the elbow down movement in Muay Thai in the sense that your back leg definitely has to go down for the crunch for maximum impact. It's more difficult in the sense that after doing that, they still expect you to go jumpkick in front. Haih... really losing stamina at this point...


... but what comes next is even more horrible! It's the "split class" track - Don't You Wanna Feel. If this doesn't make you sweat buckets, I don't know what will.

a. jump & jab, skip backwards WHILE avoiding people from the other side which has crossed over. I KENA BANGED INTO LOR...

b. high knees running

c. LUNGES zomg.. some more SINGLE LUNGES... and you should see the way Terence does it ... he goes almost all the way down and damn fast and as if his thighs don't feel any pain at all. T___T This is supposedly how he does lunges when he's "not feeling well" some more. T____T

Was almost dead by this point, but persevered to recovery (have to get used to the quick back kicks), Muay Thai (crazy amount of knees! but it was quite fun) and the final track (speedball and CRUNCH!). Haih, the 1 hour passed by very quickly indeed. Oh yeah, for those who loved it, the switch-knee makes an appearance again. ^^ I find it easier if I keep bouncing on my toes ("speed step!" according to Prince of Tennis, ahhaha), but I have a feeling that if I keep doing it like that I'm going to make my calves more MUSCULAR than ever. T_T Oh, and Muay Thai track has the "punching down" motion thingy... I DON'T GET IT! And I think Terence tried to break my arm trying to manipulate it into the correct position zomg. T_____T

Conditioning is all about the abs (yay!), "I am Rocky Balboa" yo. And I really like the cool down track at the end. =) It's different, that's all I can say.

Should I go for BC tonight? I can't wait to do all the tracks (EXCEPT for the split class track) again! ^^

P.S : Nahhhhh, think I'll just go for Gentle Yoga. Going for Beauty and the Beast tomorrow, so Wednesday's Hot Yoga session has to be replaced today. Tuesday is kinda free for me. I can alternate between Jaya 33 or Taipan or just veg at home. :P

0 comments: