CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 20, 2009

Day 319

The results! Haih, a bit anti-climatic because so many people at the gym know my results even though I didn't say anything yet (even before I wrote on my blog). :P And worse of all, Teoh (d master trainer) linked my website on his Facebook status... *fainted* I got sooooo many hits that day from Facebook and it was bringing chills down my spine cos you know and I know that my blog is not one of those femes ones. :P So any spike in traffic makes me think that people must be talking bad about me. Greatest fear is the URL being spread among my colleagues...

Anyway.

The result is that I passed Body Attack training. Full stop. More information can be gotten from my main blog, about what happened. Seriously, it's an unforgettable experience. Since I am feeling a bit cheong hei today, let me tell you about my "history" with Body Attack.

I first heard of Body Attack when I was still with Fitness First. When I heard that it was "coming to Malaysia", I was very excited that I would be able to be one of the pioneer students to try Attack (unlike Combat / Jam / Pump whereby when I joined the gym, there are already so many regulars). Reading the description about the program --- it sounded very exciting. The moves promised to be simple, aerobic-based but high intensity and of course, the famous claim that you can lose up to 1000 calories per class. At that time, I was still very much a Body Jam + Body Combat kaki, make that a newbie kaki at Jam and Combat. Thought it would be great that there was a new program where we can all start off as newbies together.

Mana tahu, Attack wasn't coming to Wisma Consplant! That kinda pissed me off, because I was only a home member and I couldn't go to the other clubs at all even to try Attack. If I remember correctly, the solution the club admin told me was to :
a. wait patiently for the renovation of Wisma Consplant (guess what? til now still no Attack at Consplant whut)
b. upgrade to passport membership, which I'm also not willing to do because based on convenience, going to True Fitness is much easier and less stressful than going to Summit after work. No doubt going to Summit on the weekend is okay, but only on weekends? With TF I can conveniently go for Attack any day of the week at either J33 or Taipan branch...)

Anyway, in the end I jumped over to True Fitness, which made Kevin (a fellow friend who I met during the training) say, "Do you regret? So are you coming back to Fitness First?" HAHAHA. Haiyoh. *slaps hand on forehead*

Okay, so then I switched over to TF and I think one of the firssssssttttt classes I ever tried was Attack! Cos it was something that I had been looking forward (until "leher panjang" as they put it) for soooooo long! My first class was Barney's one, and it was very fun!!! Super high intensity as promised, but since I was already expecting that, I stuck through it and stayed for the entire class. The songs were super pumped up and fast, the movements were simple (therefore easy to follow) but STRONG (so it looks good). I remember the first time I was introduced to the "superman" move... made me laugh!

I vowed to go for this class at least once a week, but that time, my stamina level was very low. I couldn't even do back-to-back Combat and Jam, what more asking me to survive Body Attack. Therefore, after my spectacular introduction to this class (after waiting for so long), I stopped doing it. No doubt if you go through my fitness blog archive, you will see that I *did* do Attack... just not frequently at all. I would consider 2-3 times a week as being a "regular", if not more. I wasn't even doing Attack on a weekly basis! More like a... "see whether I am free or not LAH" and "see whether I'm tired or not LAH" basis.

It was only when I went to Laos for work last year, gained so much weight (like 3-5kg?) and I was desperate to lose weight FAST and I really missed my gym. Seriously, if you don't go to the gym regularly, and you find yourself in a position where you CANNOT go to the gym, you will feel filled with regret that you didn't go to the gym more often last time. So I was filled with great resolutions to LOSE weight, to INCREASE my stamina, etc etc. So, I remembered that old saying about losing 1000 calories per class with Body Attack, and I vowed to myself to be a regular in Attack, not just Combat and Jam! :P (At this point, Body Jam is also becoming more Cardio, so don't say that you can't lose weight with Jam.. any form of exercise is good for you , generally speaking.)

Ok ok, so back to Attack... my regular classes used to be Saturday & Sunday Jason Low's class, which then became Hazrin's classes. When I was looking around for more Attack classes, then came across Prudent's Thursday night's classes (which ended up as Janet / Edmund's Thursday night classes). After a few months of this, I finally made myself brave enough to go for Jason Y's Monday night classes (I said I had to be brave enough to go for it because his class was after Terence's Combat class, which probably can make you lose 999 calories per class if not that elusive 1000, hehehe). Tried to add in Peter's Body Attack classes on Friday night, but by then it's Attack for Monday - Thursday- Sat- Sun... a bit insane. Was making myself really tired. But guess what? At least it really helps to shed the weight! :P

I am not saying I love Attack just because it helped me lose weight (although it really helps), but slowly, I liked the moves (esp to songs like "Layla"), I liked the song selections (inspirational, most of them), and actually, most of all, I like how HAPPY people look when they are doing Attack. Seriously, I don't know why, but there are more HAPPY looking people in Attack than in Combat or Jam, I donno why. O_O I'm not insulting Combat / Jam ok, just a general "feel". Combat, I know they don't want you to smile lah... they want you to be macho and fierce! Hahaha. Everytime I'm smiling in Combat, Terence says, "Why Lee Cheng? What did you do wrong now?"

Therefore, that's why I was motivated to do Body Attack... to know more and learn more about this program. To push myself further... that's the lengthy explanation about Attack, my introduction to it and the history of it in my life. Hahaha. Terence said I should only do the program if I'm "passionate" about the program. I don't think you can say I'm actually "passionate" about it... I'm more like... very interested in it. Hahaha. I think people who are "passionate" about the program already knows a lot about it, and still wants to know more about it and wants to share it, etc. I am still on a very very newbie level compared to everyone else. :)




Throughout Monday, my colleagues complained about eau de Counterpain in the office... couldn't help it! I was slathering the cream on every 10 minutes or so. Was in such pain that I couldn't walk up and down the stairs properly. Yet, my friend Pauline asked me in this very ke lian manner about whether I would be going for Body Combat that night. T__T She rarely follows me to the gym (long story, but basically her dad doesn't like her to gym at night), and so when she does ask me if I'm going, I do feel obliged to join her.

At first, I thought I would go for Body Attack on Monday IF I could still walk... but since my friend asked, I decided to go for Body Combat, and then go for Body Attack, if I could stand it. Hehehe. Of course I couldn't la!! Most of the TF trainees couldn't do it except for "Superwoman Frances" who went for Step and then Attack. Siao! But was very surprised... most of the trainees did come back to work out on Monday (for Step... why is it that Step + Attack seems to go hand in hand? Most people who do Attack do Step, instead of say, Attack + Jam, or Attack + Combat. Not saying it doesn't exist, it just seems RARE). Really mad people.

Anyway, there was someone team teaching with Terence... I am so interested and curious about these so-called "babies"... last time I used to be quite erm... tak kisah about it. Doesn't make a difference to me whether there is or isn't anyone team teaching. Now I feel like asking them, "So how long have you been team teaching?", "Are you still nervous?", "Why do you want to do this?" ... like, I want to know more about the inner workings of their brain... hopefully they can inspire me too.

Terence basically just taught the warm-up track and then followed up with muay-thai, the final peak track, conditioning and cool down. The rest were done by Jamie (the one team teaching with him - hope I got the spelling right). Well, it was mostly old tracks, no more of the latest release. So sad... hoping can do Tutti Fruitti again, hehe. Also no Back in the UK, hahaha. Mostly the release with Behind the Cow, Don't You Wanna Feel, Zombie, etc. Terence did Hyper Hyper for muay thai and U R My Phantasy for the finale. Warm up was Stuck On You --- still one of the best warm-ups in the history of BC. Hahaha.

Actually, if there wasn't anyone tt with Terence, I wanted to ask him if he could pls do tracks that :
a. didn't have lunges (cos my legs were still in pain, remember?)
b. didn't have split the class tracks... (ditto)
c. not have push-ups for conditioning.. sit-ups can lah...

In the end, all 3 were part of that day's BC, geez. But it was ok lah. Surprisingly could still do lunges, and I *did* go lower when siao Terence "challenged". That guy is crazy, I have no idea how he can do lunges like he's doing alternating SPLITS on the floor. O_O"

The only reason I even managed to survive BC was because I took some supplements before the class. Prior to this, I didn't even think of adding supplements to my workout because I don't think I need it? And I'm not building muscle or really going for endurance. My endurance is au naturel. But now since I need to step it up, I have to start to "terjunam" into this ... sigh...

0 comments: