CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 31, 2009

Day 325

Weirdly, I went to FF Wisma Consplant for my gym session today. *blur*
I entered this lucky draw contest, and when they called me up for a session I was really excited --- thought I really won the 30D passport membership. In the end, it was just a ploy to get me to rejoin. *dush* I don't mind, really... but what kind of sales pitch is it when you invite me to the club for a ONE DAY session, no 1 week (what more 2 weeks.. or 30d as I was hoping for, lol) pass to be able to truly tempt me into a "passport" membership... and expect me to sign up straightaway?

First of all --- the reason why I left FF was mainly because it was more convenient for me to go to the TF Taipan branch. I don't know whether I started gymming more because it gave me a new "spark" at TF, or because of the close proximity of the branch... but it works. Now a lot of FF friends have told me that if I could go to Taipan TF, I could easily go to FF Summit or FF WC. Not really true, because FF Summit & WC is iNsAnE to get to after working hours.

A lot of people say that FF GX instructors are better and an anonymous instructor told me that people say that TF GX instructors are rejects from FF. T___T I don't really believe this is true. In every gym there are good and bad instructors, and it's not to say that when I was in FF, 100% of all the people who taught there were fantastic. I do agree that FF instructors tend to be the more "shining" and flamboyant type lah. Maybe TF instructors are shy to be flamboyant as the members tend to be quieter? Anyway, there's no point joining the club for the instructors if I cannot make it to the club (refer to 1st reason) and there are way fewer classes in FF WC. Last time, they had two studios and I can distinctly remember that the cycling studio doubled up for Body Jam and Body Step as well. Now, only the "larger" studio is used for all GX classes. The other is solely for yoga and spinning. In other words, less BC / BJ / BP / BS classes. And no need to repeat myself - Body Attack is non-existent in FF WC.

I don't know whattttt is the millions-of-dollars renovation that they did last time, the place generally looks the same. I think they changed all the machines to the same ones that is available in TF, and added a few more machines. Yeah, the downstairs weights section is slightly extended.. by about 6-10 machines? Don't know the exact figure. The good part is that the changing room and toilets are MUCH cleaner than I remember and the mats in FF WC are nicer than the ones in TF (time to change? :P)

So basically they call me up at 8pm to chat about the possibility of joining again... and with about 15 minutes of warm-up (running on the threadmill that I can run on at TF) and ONE GX class (more on that later), I am expected to sign up already? Baddddd sales pitch, badddd marketing. Come on, what's the difficulty in giving me a 2 week passport membership to try out the stuff? I was a HOME member last time, you're supposed to convince me to take PASSPORT this time round right? How do I know whether it's *truly* convenient for me to swing by FF Summit / FF Axis / FF IOI if I don't "put it to the test" so to speak? Last time, I remember I told the TF consultant that Taipan was super jammed and not easy to find parking. Why should I switch? With the 2 week pass, I could easily "test" out the gym by going after work from Mon - Fri. Out of the 5 days, I only found it hard to find parking ONCE. How can you expect people to really try out the whole package in ONE day. Scratch that... in about 1.5 hours actually!

Sigh... I know la.. the gym is super famous and doesn't need so much cajoling. They can "take or leave" my business. Bah! And again trying to give me empty promises.. told me that if I signed up now, it'll be cheaper than if I tried to sign up after FF WC switches over to the new Empire building. I asked if then they'll have BA. They also can't answer. Everything also "let me ask my boss, see if we can work something out" but in the end came to nought. Boss should talk directly to me lah! I seriously want to know how they think they can get me to switch by offering me what was essentially a 1.5hrs trial. Which I don't even need to go through the consultant to get since FF WC was having an open day today. -___-"

Anyway... despite all my rantings (just angry that I couldn't get more than a 2hr pass lah.. hahaha).. it was still a good workout day for me. The "warmup" on the threadmill was just running for 10 minutes, but I got a good sweat because I ran at really high speed (for me). Remember how last time I'm gasping and panting at 7kph? (I donno if the measurement is kph or mph or if it's just "level 7"... let's pretend it's kph) And I usually did my threadmill warmup by walking at about 5.5kph? Well, today I pounded it at 10kph... and I finished the last minute at 11kph. If I didn't have my weird knee problem and I didn't have any GX classes to attend, I think I would've pounded it til 15kph or something. I don't know why, I just suddenly had a burst of energy. Haha! Crap! Should've saved it for tomorrow.

Regret that I came a bit too late for Swee's Body Pump class (yes.. nice to see you again!), thought I would go for BC after that. The timetable showed Karen's name, and I was intrigued as I saw her photos from the Miracle launch this year. In the end, it's a guy called Jason who is supposed to add me on FAcebook, haha. Good luck finding my name lah. :P His class was a mix of erm.. the last 3 releases. I was happy with that because I haven't done the latest release in quite a bit, and I'm always a fan of Whatever You Like (is that the title? Forgot liow. the Scooter vs Status Quo one) and Tutti Fruitti. Sadly, the class is super senyap, I just exhale also louder than everyone else. And so few people do the "Tutti Fruitti" hands in the air thing. See I so baik.. I do it so the instructor doesn't feel lonely doing it alone. Nyehehehe.

Wah, but I really struggled with the push ups and triceps push ups.. (it's the horrible When I Grow Up conditioning track) . Mainly because before class, I was doing chest press downstairs while talking to the consultant. I was doing my usual 25kg chest press and I was nagging him about how I should not be expected to sign up with such a pathetic trial period and although my hands were already shaking after my usual set, I had to "maintain" and continue pushing just because the consultant was still around. Hahaha. So how lah you expect me to do push ups normally during BC.

Was shocked after BC when the instructor asked me if I can stay back for a while. You don't know me wan... I'm really scared of getting scolded. And ... he thought me how to keep my guards up properly. Ish Mr Instructor! This is so unfair! Other people don't even have their guards up and I get detention for not having them near enough to my face. *buat drama* Actually, he's really nice lah, and I appreciate knowing the correct technique. :) You will see my form improve after this... hehe! After that chatted for a while, he might be teaching in TF, who knows. (This all depends on Terence, the BCHT). :P

That's all for today... got an early day tomorrow. Need to fuel up for shadowing! :)

0 comments: