CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Day 323

Went for back-to-back sessions of Cardio Wave (Hazrin's class)... didn't really like the first session because the music was sooooo blah. Second session was awesome with tracks like Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Crazy in Love, Sonny, etc. Syiok! :)

After class, talked to BAHT (haha, I love the acronym) about the shadowing. Quite excited, but just worried that I won't be well that day. A slight sickness / uncomfortable feeling goes a long way in making your workout that much less spectacular. Anyway, the good thing about BA is that I now know the "flow" of the workout much clearer, this way you can pace yourself. Like, warm-up + mixed intervals --- you don't have to go all out YET (except maybe towards the end of the mixed intervals), for the first cardio track, you're starting to get there, and then you push yourself all the way to the max for the plyometrics, especially when you get to the lunges!

The conditioning track is a great time to recover yourself, and pace yourself during the push-ups / triceps push ups on the toes so that it ends with style (e.g: if you know you can only do 16 push-ups on the toes, then do it at the end so you end with a bang instead of doing it in the beginning and pancit all the way to the end). The running and agility track is again, another good chance to recover, although there are parts where there is some build-up for you to let it all out. Of course, your power shines through during the interval track (again - it's called INTERVAL for a reason --- pace yourself and go all out during the last interval) and the power track at the end.

The only thing is that most people kill themselves during the plyos, and then walk out of the class. Don't walk out... the next track is already helping you to recover!

Anyway, I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for a fun shadow session. I actually asked a dumb question to BAHT... asked him if one could just shadow FOREVER... and he said since there's no time limit, technically one can. Hahaha. I say it's a dumb question because nobody wants to shadow forever lah. I think the person you're shadowing also will feel annoyed after a while because you don't want to improve yourself further to go beyond shadowing. It's just at the moment I still feel unsure about myself and want to be "protected" in a way...

Weight training after that --- I met that concerned PT again. He said he didn't call me last week due to an urgent issue that had him going back to hometown. Hmmm.. that's what my old PT told me last time. Is this a normal excuse being used? -___- Anyway, I worked out on my own that day :
chest press - 25kg, 25kg, 22.5kg (10,10,7) - hit 'em hard and hopefully they'll grow like weeds wtf (this is the Animal motto)
incline press - still at 27kg, 27kg, 20kg
fly - still at 19kg, 19kg... tried 26kg for one set only.
bridge - 1 minute
superman chest lift - 1 minute
push-ups on toes - 1 minute
40 sit-ups (BA challenge style .. but I took longer than 1 minute!)
normal sit-ups (30)
abductor & adductor... (weird, at the women's only workout area, I swear I lift 40-45kg, but outside, the machine shows it's only 35kg. 40kg is really pushing it, but in the WOWA, it's like still ok... damnit! weird machines!)
leg curl & leg extension (20-25kg)
back extension (21.5kg all the way)

0 comments: