CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 27, 2009

Day 322

Yo! I'm on fireeee!!
Back from my usual Monday Body Combat + Body Attack killer combination, and the reason why I'm so excited right now is because I confirmed can shadow someone this weekend! Fuuyoh!!! :D :D :D Of course, I'm nervous, but excited as well. Actually, I don't know what tracks I will be shadow-ing, but I think shadow-ing without knowing what tracks there will be is anyhow better than team teaching and knowing what tracks are coming up. Kekeke. :) I'm so happy! Was so nervous about not having anyone to shadow in the end because I'm so low profile at the gym (wtf) and because I'm the slowpoke who didn't "catch" anyone to shadow last week.

Anyway! Now I'm fired up!! AHahha... I will tell you how things go after the first shadow-ing session. I have a feeling that I'm sure to get scolded... so I'm trying to improve my technique here and there. Someone just reminded me --- RANGE OF MOTION. Omg... must really go all out this time!




Body Combat tonight was Terence's class... old tracks, starting from Man in Motion to Because the Night. After that was Born To Be Wild, Bagpipes, the Hymns circle track where Terence let me upper cut him til my hands are shaking. Hahaha. "Recovery" was Full Metal Jackass, followed by Shake Your Body and ending with one of the more recent cardio finale tracks... forgot the name! Hahaha.

Was actually feeling really out of breath throughout his class. Wondering --- can I make it to Jason's class after this? Shouldn't have relaxed so much the past week!

During the conditioning track - When I Grow Up... I THOUGHT of doing on my toes... but what the heck.. it was triceps push ups. Can do on the knees also considered good liow. Hahaha. Finally ended with It's All Coming Back... ... nice cooldown song. Long time haven't done it!

Was quite happy with the class anyway because managed to find my reserve energy ("9 tail demon fox... lend me some of your power!") to push myself to the end, even though I could've gone more all out during the circle track. ^^ Also happy because I ~finally~ managed to ask Terence what's the use of the handwraps! Hahaha. He said, "Honestly? No use." I think for instructors to wear handwraps, it looks "gaya" because they are on stage lah... and according to him, it is "to help you keep your wrist in place" (that means.. no punching with a limp wrist. Not that I've ever punched with a limp wrist even though I don't have wraps wtf). I guess I'm just cynical ever since I overheard one lady in FF tell her friend, "Oh, I wear this because my hands get cold in the studio..." (and she wears a singlet and 3/4 tights...).

If you see me with handwraps.. EVER... you can be sure there are weights inside them things!




Went to Jason Y's Body Attack class after this... such a nice guy. He keep encouraging us to shadow him... feel quite shy to do so since I don't know him so well (although I want to). :P *paiseh* Well, I don't know that many Attack instructors anyway. :( In the end, no one shadow-ed him hahhaha... cos there are so many rules to shadowing / TT someone.. I also didn't realise. Luckily others have warn me otherwise I could be unintentionally breaking club rules.

Jason's class started off with Truly, Madly, Deeply and followed up with Wind It Up (hope I remembered correctly). First cardio track was Disco Energy, and I'm really loving this track right now. I like those turning around type of tracks, hahaha. For the plyo, we had The Question Is, What Is the Question. Fuuh! Lunges again! I tell you, my quadriceps scare me...

For conditioning we had this song which is kinda cool / rock... don't know the name but it has one part going, "Who's your daddy??" something like that! --- just found out it's called Dirty! Tried to do on the toes, but couldn't!! Just too "pancit-ed" after Combat conditioning. :P At least now I don't "tou kai" at all. :P Next few tracks - Papa Was A Rolling Stone, I Believe, I Need a Hero. Don't remember the first conditioning track, second one was Sun Goes Down and that *yuck* Chris Brown for the cool down.

All in all.... felt totally energised after Body Attack. I am happy I managed to stay til the end (the 3 female Attack trainees stayed til the end!! Not that the guys cannot make it lah... some have injuries!) and I can see myself erm... improved somewhat after training. Hands always return to the "set position" and trying to keep the back straight, and when running forward, lean in front. Arms always straight out. Etc etc. At first, I was afraid that thinking too much about technique will mean I cannot follow chorey any more, but I'm not presenting so the brain could concentrate more on correcting myself and not thinking of what to say next. Hahha!

Of course, I've still got lots to improve. Want to correct my jump jacks... somehow when I do it without someone to correct me, I feel it's not totally right. There was one time when Hazrin corrected me and "Sitting back down" and knees out ... it was a "feeling" that this was the right movement. I keep at it, but haven't been able to replicate that feeling... sighhhh.

Also, my energy levels are not totally there... during the last track, I could've gone further and higher (range of motion again!)... sitting down and writing this now, I'm wondering why I felt so tired then? I'm fine now...

Anyway, there's improvement lah! Happy with today's analysis... need to work it work it work it! :)

0 comments: