CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Kickstart day 1

Leech casts the spell "REVIVE!" on dead blog.... it is successful!!

Well, decided to start blogging here again to encourage myself to work out more often. My current level of stamina is bloody shameful. Last time, even if I couldn't dance well, couldn't remember the choreography... I knew I could still depend on my crazy-levels of stamina to last myself to peak performance right to the end. Right now, I'm gasping by the 5th track in Body Combat! What happened to me!?

For one, I haven't been exercising regularly this year.. at all. I blame it on the fact that I changed jobs LAST YEAR and it has not been stable ever since. Right now, things are thankfully stabilising out, I don't have to work so late anymore, and I am trying to get more work/life balance. I also just got married, and really cannot think of just myself anymore. I cannot go for 3 back-to-back classes after work, and then creep back home at 11pm. My husband is a "morning eagle" while I am a "night owl". If we keep doing this, we will not see each other at all!

Being such a nice person, I decided that I will shift to his schedule... his is healthier anyway (meaning: waking up early). The only bad part is I cannot get his lazy bum bum to go to the gym with me. And he likes me to cook dinner for him. Can you imagine that? As if I don't have to work also. Being a woman is tough! Really have to be superwoman.

Oh and yes... married... I am not staying in Subang anymore, so you won't see me in Taipan True Fitness anymore. In fact, if you see me there... I really won't know what is going on in my brain because it is super inconvenient for me to go there. :P If I go back to Subang, it would also be to see my family and friends, not go to the gym! It's a damn shame because I think Taipan's True Fitness branch is one of the best branches ever! It has the female workout section!!

Nowadays, I will be at either Sri Hartamas or Jaya 33 branch, which is close to home and close to office! Depends on my mood where to go... if there's any Body Jam / Combat / Attack / workout kaki, tell me oh... I have no friends now. :(

My condo also has its own gym and swimming pool, so will try to workout there more often, though the weights machines are seriously limited and lack of choice. And I only swam once here ever since I moved in in August! It's just an elevator ride down, but it's so hard to get the brain in the mood to move once you are back in your own apartment. :(

For the past two days, I was on leave, so I was really pumped up to work out! On Monday, I worked out on the strider machine for 10-15 minutes, and was left gasping for breath wtf. I then hit the machines for about an hour. Had nothing in mind, just more reps and mid-level weights. I know I could go harder, but didn't want to paralyse myself. I am loving the new "Life Fitness" machines in Sri Hartamas branch. It is not plates, but some kinda elastic (??) resistance training. Good to feel the chest press machine again. I will note down the weight amounts properly in next entries. This is just a "kickstart" entry, hehehe.

At night (after cooking dinner for hubs!), I went for Jon Kin's 8pm Body Combat class in SH branch... but was VERY SORELY DISAPPOINTED that the class got cancelled! It was more disappointing that they didn't have anyone officially tell, but I just heard from another member who was standing outside waiting. I was suspecting that something happened already because there was 5 minutes more before the class was slated to start, and everyone was still standing around and not going in. I confirmed for sure with the front desk... and they said that the class just cancelled, not even a replacement class to be given. Seriously, why!?! There was another Body Jam class in the other studio, but felt a bit bengang already... I purposely went out of the comforts of my home to be saddened by this... lol.

Today, I was supposed to go for more weights training, but last night I couldn't sleep because of all the new aches in my body... so I just went for Yili's Body Combat class at 5:55pm. Even at this odd hour, the class was pretty full! She mentioned that it is an anomaly... lol. She did mostly older tracks, like Summer of '69, I Never Liked You, Beat It, .... errr... forgot most of the tracks after that! I know she did the horrible Gimmie Dat track (hate it ... hate it!!!! ) and the Muay Thai was actually one of my favorites.... the one with the push (arms) and then push kick. :) And ended with one of the most awesome cool downs Our Solemn Hour!!!

Tomorrow, my husband will be drinking with his friends, so thinking about whether I wanna go for Body Combat in J33 or in SH? Also, I have been thinking of going for the super early 7am Body Combat classes in SH.... are there actually any people in the class? I would hate max if I go there and ends up that there's only one feller and they cancel it. (Of course, then I could just do weights training la... but I would have to wake up at 6am to go for these classes, and waking up at 6am to go and do weights training is not worth it!!)

Parking at SH branch is also a bitch and it's actually not that convenient for me to drive there from my house. Yeah, from my house I can see the branch, and sometimes I wonder can I base jump and land on top of TF (impossibru la... just dreaming). Instead, have to brave the crazy traffic around that area, and illegally park. My husband already told me not to illegally park there.. but everyone's doing it. There is seriously only 0.5% chance that you can find legal parking at that hour in that area. This illegal parking method, I learned from my colleague J who got some free passes, but I think she is avoiding me. If she knows I'm going to J33, she will go to SH. If she knows I'm going to SH, she will go J33. -__-"

Today, I also found the "hole in the fence" that will allow me to walk not-as-far to get to the gym.. hahaha....

Well, that's how life has been so far. Wishing MYSELF good LUCK to get back into shape. I plan to shed 7kg in 6 months time. Have to eat healthier too... during my horrible work months, I ate chicken chop (with black pepper sauce) everyday.... lololol...

0 comments: