CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 22, 2008

Day 161

Strange workout day for me today... hear me out...

Have been finally getting my bum off the office chair and going to the gym more frequently, and I'm always pleasantly surprised when I discover I don't faint right away after one class. Since it's a Friday, I'm always up for my Friday marathons, which consist of Body Jam, Body Step and Body Combat.

Body Jam with Jason & Clarissa was quite fun, I *think* Jason said to me, "I haven't seen you around in a long time!" I think he said it to me la. For all I know I'm perasan and he was saying to someone behind me. But anyway, he is the one who cancelled the past few classes in Taipan what! And was replaced by Kit. Hehehe. We did the latest release... zomg.. don't like. Sienz already. But the final performance track (the one with "With Every Heartbeat" - Robyn) is good because it *really* makes you sweat. Since I wanna lose weight, should do more high impact Body Jam right? Right!

Body Step was next, with Shirlyn at the helm. Again, all the latest release. Why ah! It's way past the launch, people!! XD But again, no complains because I think the latest release for Body Step has really good songs. I especially like "I Got It From My Mama", "Hot Stuff", "Like This Like That", "Shut Up N Drive", "Let Me Think About It"... too many to name! But I agree with Shirlyn --- don't like the speed step track for this release, way too confusing. Pity, cos it's a nice song ("Footloose"). During the final parts of the class, I started to feel some strain on my calve, but I didn't think much about it because I just brush it off as a bit sore, maybe strained it after doing calve extensions yesterday...

Body Combat time with James, and I surprised myself by still being super energetic. I did contemplate skipping class after the grueling Body Step, but I already missed Friday BC twice! Anyway, James did a mixture of old and new tracks, but more new than old. Hmm.. everyone liking the new releases, hehe. Started with "Thank You" (Dido), which went into "Smells Like Teen Spirit". Forgot what the first track was, but it's one of the newer releases. Then we had erm... something that sounds like "Shooting Star". Erm erm... then there was "Zombies" (gahhh!!! enough with this track!!! I suggest doing "Sexy" - French Affair or "Bagpipes" or "Take A Break"). Geez, it's just 2 hours, but I've forgotten most of the stuff! Guarantee to you it's all the newer releases la! Okay, anyway at the end of the muay thai track, I started to do that "punching down" movement when suddenly my left calve "froze" and I nearly tipped over. It was excruciating! Seriously... tears sprang to my eyes. I thought it was temporary, so I stopped moving, but the pain was quite intense. It was so painful I cannot even put even 1g of weight onto my left leg. T_____T

After a while (30 secs?) then it became better, so I finished the Muay Thai track. Was about to start on the final track when suddenly the left calve froze again. T______T So painful until I cannot even punch properly, sigh.. I had to SHUFFLE out of the room I felt so malu ok. It's not like I can't finish the class... I have the energy! In torrents!! But I don't want to stress the poor calve. When I went out, I met this personal trainer who friendly-ly asked me, "Your class finished?" and I, usually a private person IN REAL LIFE (in blog like blabber mouth only) just blurted out, "I can't...!! My calve... it .... " and I think he could see the pain on my face and he was quite worried ler. So he asked me to do some stretching exercises. At first, stretching the calve was crazy painful. It's like, my mind actually blanks out when the pressure on the calve is too intense. And at one point, suddenly my RIGHT calve also became crazy painful too. T_____T

I was really wondering how I could drive back that night.

But the personal trainer was really nice and he gave me lots of tips... said that I probably push myself too hard on Thursday, and when I started my exercise for today, I didn't do enough stretching. I think the problem is mainly on Thursday... I didn't go and stretch properly between my calve extension sets. :\ Because I didn't know how to. STUPID!

Hmm.. anyway now I'm worried over whether I can go to Jaya 33 for my usual marathon of Body Combat + Body Attack + Dance Mania. According to the trainer, I can feel free to do so, as all I need is a warm bath and some cooling lotion on the affected area to "loosen" up the muscles again. Well, I've already done so and so far, no problems. But should I really go and "stress" it out again so soon? He also said that stress on muscles in one area can affect in other areas too. E.g : stress on calve can cause back pain also.

HAIH... why am I so unfortunate!

See how la... I'll just go for BC tomorrow... if I feel ok, then I'll continue with BA and Dance Mania... *sigh*...~~

Anyway, thanks a lot MANI for helping me out today. You didn't have to, but you were a really sincere & helpful individual... haih.. feel so touched by humanity today. T______T

0 comments: