CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Day 31

Guess what I wore to the gym today?
Guess!
Erm, not my ratty oversized tee + shorts combo. Nuh-uh!
No, I did NOT buy any expensive new threads from Nike / Adidas / Puma. =) I would like to though (such a labelwhore).

I wore...

MY PYJAMAS

Muwahhahaha! True Fitness was has recently started having theme classes for some of the Group-X classes. Like they had "Cowboy" for Line Dancing sometime last month, and this month, they had "Pyjama Jam". I had been thinking and thinking about going for it and talked about it here, but it seemed like I wouldn't be able to go for it in the end. You know why?

Cos I stupidly schedulled my personal training (it's free! I thought today was the last class, but my PT told me that I still have more.. muwahhaha... that's goooood. More is goooood) for 7-8pm and the Pyjama Jam class starts at 8pm. Yalah, can make it, but damn bodoh if you rush in late to a class in your pyjamas right, just looks darn weird.

In the end, I told my trainer (who has the name like this guy) about the class that I so-so-so wanted to go for, and could I please skip cool down at the end of the class? Then he agreed (I knew it! A guy who enters a shuffling competition would surely understand the need to go for Pyjama Jam right!) and not only that, he let me do most of my exercises on the machines located just outside the studio so I could spy on how many people had already arrived for the class and how many were wearing their pyjamas. =p

At 7:45pm, people were already trickling into the balloon-decorated studio, but they all weren't wearing pyjamas! Thought I got the dates wrong, but there was this guy who was taking pictures of the participants (macam avid blogger, but he's working for TF la...). ANYWAY. Of course I was demoted la! My pyjamas are damn nice ok... and I felt sad that I would end up not wearing them because I like to follow the flock and would feel very paiseh if I ended up being the only one wearing my jammies.

I kept on spying until 7:55pm, when finally there was this lady wearing a maxi (by that I mean the dress, not the bra ok) with leggings into the class. Bingo! The kiasu me ran downstairs and quickly changed into my pyjamas for the class. Muwhahhaha!! Ok, my pyjamas sorta look like this, only they were bright green, silk and I didn't unbutton them like that. Ok bf, pls don't scold me at this point. I know the pyjamas was special gift for you and I do have nice memories wearing it. I even wore it when I went to Shanghai and got to sleep in it in Shangri-la Pudong! I was trying to create even nicer memories with this pyjamas! And... and... the other alternative was to wear my La Senza stuff, I think you wouldn't want that would you! Ok, now I continue talking about the class.

The class was real fun in the end, there's something real liberating about wearing your pyjamas to the gym. There were some people wearing giant oversized shirts (more oversized than what I usually wear.. hehe), the maxi+leggings lady, a girl wearing a singlet + boxer shorts combo and some wearing mismatched jammie tops & bottoms. It was quite cool la! Ken & Simone were the instructors for today and they were also wearing their pyjamas AND brought their teddybears along, damn cute k!

Happily for me Simone did the Signs + Trouble With Me + Stupidisco + I Like The Way You Move + What A Feeling + Don't Cha block, which is one of my FAVOURITE blocks! Nice tracks, nice to dance to in pyjamas, muwhahaha! =) Unhappily for me, after that was cardio club arrrrggghhh. It was the one with Temperature & 1,2 Step... heh, forgot the name! I am real bad at this block because I remember after it was launched, I started to boycott Body Jam. =p Too difficult to do. But it was alright today, Ken's a good teacher. ;P Ended the 1 hour of hilarity with Scissor Sister's I Don't Feel Like Dancing.

Oh and guess what? I did the entire class BAREFOOTED. Don't ask me why I'm such a dingaling, it's because I thought my Skechers look weird with the pyjamas, so I dance barefoot lor. Before the class started, Ken asked me if I was sure, and I was so ashamed I wanted to run downstairs and quickly wear my shoes, but I was kiasu and didn't want the class to start without me. *adush* Anyway, it was not bad la, wasn't even THAT dirty at the end of the day. I think my feet has very thick skin (like my face, apparently).

In the end... I won a prize! They gave away 2 prizes for the "best dressed", so I got one and the maxi+leggings lady got the other one. I think it's more difficult to dance in a dress, so she oughta win. :) For me I was really just loving dancing in my pyjamas. I am tempted to do it even without a theme, wtf. The moral of the story is ... people should all join in the themes next time because it's fun to dress up once in a while, and you can win prizes too!! Count me in next time!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Gym bag, bottle and table clock! I already have the clock in RED... they gave it to me when I first joined. ;)


Oh, and I am really hoping that this is a good indication that when I dress up for the annual dinner 2 weeks from now, I can win a prize then too! Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee!! **kiasu lady here** But if I don't win, its ok also la. Cos I didn't spend too much on my outfit this year and this year a lot of my friends are also taking part so it's going to be fun sitting at the theme award table. ;)

P.S: I got picture of myself in pyjama and the instructors, but I need kind, helpful, nice, pretty instructor to send it to me. Ahhh.... I email her tomorrow! (Don't want to look so kiasu, although I am). Erm, and ALEX (the guy helping TF take pictures of Pyjama Jam)... I want your photos too! How come you are taking pictures? I didn't know TF got member newsletter also. Where you going to publish it? Why you take it in first place? All my pics with me looking stupid must be deleted! Nice pics only keep and publish ok! Sexy pics must be blown up some more... nyahhahahaa..... *continues insane rambling*

P.P.S : Other boring details on my workout today with PT :
~ he challenged me to run 2.4km in 15 minutes. Ended up 2.1km in 15 minutes. Not bad hor? I can run up to 9.5kph now! Must push myself for the last 300m. Sweat like mad though.
~ we worked out the calves (finally! btw, when I tip toe I can see my super calves bulging like mad... I think the only way I can lose all that muscle is by CUTTING it out.. O_O
~ worked on the leg extension, leg curls and glutes
~ worked I dunno which part, but it's the arms and it looks like you are clapping. (hard to explain, pls dun laugh la)
~ worked on lateral pulldown... this one damn lawak. 1st set was easier than last time, and since we are supposed to progressively work out HARDER, I wonder why he gave me an easier time this round. So I looked damn hard at the weights and I accused my PT... "wei! Why you put the weights at 0!?!?" then he marah back, "who say! 13.6lb la!" Then he oso stared at the weights , then started laughing because it was indeed at 0 and I was dumb enough to complete the entire set without wondering WHY it was so f'ing easy. See? This just shows how weak my arms are la. I thought I was pulling 5kg or something. ;-)

Ookay, that's all for today. But I'm feeling damn pumped up to work out in the gym la. Hehe. I think it's a mixture of me not being so scared of my PT anymore (he used to be quite intimidating) and also because I've stopped neopetting INTENSIVELY and am going to sleep earlier, so I feel more energetic in the evening. =) Good on me. :)

0 comments: