CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Day 24

I know , I know. I haven't been updating this page for quite a while. The reason being that after I came back from Singapore, there was the back pain issue, which I only discovered 3 days later, could be cured by going to the gym. Yeah, no kidding! When I told my friend, he said, "Everything also you cure by going to the gym - lethargy, headache, migraine, and now back pain." :) After that, lots of my friends overseas have been coming back for summer holidays, so I've been hanging out a lot, and yes, EATING... so I haven't been working out.

On Monday, I was supposed to have personal training, but when I reached there, I realised that I had forgotten to bring my gym shorts. HAHA! So I went to cancel my PT session, only to find out that the trainer had RESIGNED. O_O That kinda cheesed me off even more, because there I was stuck in the gym at 7pm, ample time to do all kinds of cool Group-X classes, and I had no pants. Takkan I exercise in office skirt right!

On Wednesday, they assigned a new trainer to me (or assigned me a new trainer, whichever you prefer). I won't write his name here, but here's a clue :



Basically, he's a nice guy, very forgiving and he didn't call me obese (this is a HUGEEEEEE plus, you have no idea how GREAT he is to not call me obese). He also agreed that I couldn't be obese, even if I was at my fattest 56kg last time. ^^ See? Clever man! We started off the day by taking my fitness levels first ... this one is a shocker. Not because I was 1kg heavier than I thought I was (no biggie here, cos I ate bread like mad before going to the gym - the bread gonna expire soon mah), but because at the end of the analysis, he said I shouldn't be concentrating on fat loss, but on weight loss. The difference is that fat loss concentrates on fat (duh), while weight includes losing muscle mass as well. Apparently I have low to normal fat mass (20.2%, the normal one is 21-25%), but I might be too muscular, especially around the legs region. T_T Yes, I want to have slim legs! But anyway, there are other good news for me, like that the muscle distribution throughout my body is equal, like muscle mass in right arm is 1.8kg, and the same for left arm. Ditto for legs. =)

He explained that the free sessions is not really for him to design a new workout plan for me on how to attain my goals, but for him to introduce the various machines around the gym, and how to use them. In the end, he convinced me that we should concentrate on weight loss, not just fat loss, as I was unhappy about my bulky calves and such... which is due to my calves being MUSCULAR not FAT. :D

Here are some funny parts I remember about the personal training session:

a. breathing in and out also I confused.... I remember apologising profusely because I don't get when I'm supposed to inhale and when to exhale. Trainer was very nice about this, but I can see he thinks I must be a bit daft. I mean, who needs to be trained how to breathe!!

b. during the leg press, he adjusted "5" for me. I thought, "Hmph! THis guy really looks down on me huh?" Then I adjusted it to "15". Then I did the 2 sets he asked me to (struggled a bit towards the end, but that's cos he asked me to hold the weights for 15 second count. After that, he told me, "Erm.. your quads are quite big ah! Your legs are strong..." T_T Then he said he was surprised to see me shift the weights to 15. I was "15lb only mar..." and only then did I find out I was actually pressing 15kg. T_T Apparently Trainer's previous client was a guy who only did 4.5. Seriously, my legs are way outta control.

c. We then did the bicep curls... here he said " *something something * tough". I replied, "Hmm?Nah, this machine is ok, not that tough." Then he said, "No, I said YOU are tough." MUWAHAHHAHA... Leech the Amazonian woman!!

Ok la, it's not like I'm damn hero all the way. Ended up struggling a bit LOT during the shoulder press. In all fairness, Trainer agreed that we work our shoulders the least, so its bound to be difficult to do. And I found a nice machine to work the triceps! The back pull or something like that. *happy*

Erm, there's some other fun-ner stuff that happened, but all in all an ok workout. Found out some things about myself that I'm quite proud about, like him asking me to run at 8kph for 5 minutes and that was just a breeze for me (esp since now my highest is 9.4kph). I remember struggling for 6.8kph with the FF Personal tRainer last time. :) And yes, my legs are outta control, but that's because I keep working them out, thinking the more I leg curl / leg extend/ calve extend/ leg press, the slimmer they will get. Now only I know I am only succeeding in making them bulkier and SCARIER. Poor me!

Ok, I know I don't update this much, but I *have* been going to the gym, and I will blog here more often. TTYL!

0 comments: