CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Day 29

Started the workout session with a 25 minute run on the threadmill. Yes! I made it to 9.4kph again! Sweat like mad, and I hafta say I felt like giving up many a time, but I persevered because this time I had my ipod run list. :D Rammstein is surprisingly NOT good to run to, but My Chemical Romance stays as a "good run" song. Their latest song - Teenagers is especially good for warming up before the run itself.

Got to work 3 x 12 for leg extensions AND leg curls. Only a few sets because I then had to rush off for Body Jam. But it was replaced with Line Dancing with Sharon. I truly felt that it was *fated* for me to go for Line Dancing that day, having rushed for Mei Ling's class, but ending 30 minutes too late. :P (Hence the threadmill). So I went in... foooh, loads of regulars in the class, so I was seriously intimidated. Especially when they insisted on doing "Rudebox", which from the preview first 2 eights was FREAKING DIFFICULT.

Luckily, Sharon decided to do I Don't Need a Man (which she calls deal or no deal..??!), which was simpler, but line dancing being line dancing, still confuses me loads. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy my first Line Dancing class, but you simply couldn't compare the two experiences. For one, my first class was at the end of the month and was specially for regulars to repeat all the songs they had learnt throughout the month. Sharon could coach us n00bs many many many many times , and in fact, she split the class into two - the ones which can do "4 walls" and the ones which couldn't. So it was a sweet deal, managed to get the hang of it by the end, although I would miss a step here or there, and I'm sure the technique is all outta whack.

We ended with what she calls "money money" (or is it mony mony) which is an "oldie" song. For the life of me, it's very famous but I can't remember the name or the singer. Anyway, she said it was easier because this was only a "1 wall" song, (which means you don't turn around and go in a circle repeating steps,because at the end of the count, you're facing front again).... but there were a LOT of counts in the song. However, it was much easier and more enjoyable compared to I Don't Need a Man because there was more "feel" to this song. It's easier to grasp the steps for this one because it was more intuitive for us to know what the next step was going to be. Wah, it was so nice, and to think I nearly walked out of the class seeing the number of regulars! :)

I really wanna go for the next line dancing class now... =p

0 comments: