CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 11, 2007

Day 16

My advice for you today : never ever go for conditioning exercises before a class. -__-" As usual, being my kiasu self, I couldn't just sit and relax before the Body Combat class with Terence today. I just *had* to go and do :
a. 25 x 4 calve extensions (with about 30lb weights)
b. 25 x 4 leg curl (about 15lb)... didn't have time to do leg extension. HAHA. Anyway, I need to work more on my quads anyway. :p
c. 25 x 4 leg press (about 30lb, one set with 40lb... insane!)

Why all the leg exercises? Cos I did the arms on Saturday mar. =p Anyway, it was a BAD idea... my goodness, I could hardly concentrate for most of BC, and its a shame. My first time doing the new release (#32, I think), so I should pay more attention. I was super lost, and you know me, when I'm lost, I don't really like the tracks, that I start to write off the entire release. Some more the calve extensions before the class was a REALLY BAD IDEA ok... sometimes really cannot lift my leg anymore, but still have to jump and bounce and kick and what not.

But this new release isn't that bad. There's lots of nice stuff about it, the only thing I didn't like was the cool down (which seems to me like a warm-up... -___-), the conditioning track (I honestly don't know what the chocolate fudge I'm doing...) and the new stances for the breathing. Damn confusing. But I like:
i. the circle track, it really *is* enjoyable. Terence refers to it as the "High School Musical track of BC". :D
ii. the final track ... My Chemical Romance's Welcome to the Black Parade. Gosh, I LOVE RUNNING TO THIS SONG on the threadmill, and the choreo for this track is simple but effective. Damn nice! Love it!~ =D
iii. how they're incorporating capoeira moves into BC. Ok, it's just the ginga, and that track was confusing as hell (I think the music was louder than the instructor who did today's class with Terence, anyway, couldn't hear her properly), but I'm sure that with practice it will look beautiful. :D
iv. the recovery track... soundtrack was nice, simple choreo.

... that's about it. But that's a lot right? I'm usually not enthusiastic about BC, and I really have been losing interest in it. Which means that the movement also not as hyped up and enthusiastic as it was last time. Which means less effective class. Which results in a vicious cycle of having more things to dislike about BC. I hope you get what I mean. Anyway, I'm gonna try breaking this cycle and doing more BC. Thing is, I'm so confused. I love EVERYTHING. I love Body Combat, Body Step, Body Attack (and I'm not boasting, but I think I'm alright in all 3.. :P).... so its very difficult for me to choose which class I want to go to. Currently it's Body Attack because I've never done it before this, so I want to do as much as I can all at once. But Body Attack really tires you out, after Body Attack, I cannot even DREAM of going for any other classes. So yeah, my point is that I really have to plan my gym classes carefully. :) *what a long story*

After BC, I went for a short (12 minute) walk on the threadmill. 6% gradient, 4.8kph only. Not to lose them calories, but just to do something before the Jazzercise class, that didn't involve straining more muscles. Anyway, I just want to say here that I FREAKING LOVE JAZZERCISE!!!!!!! It's right up there with Body Attack for nice new classes that I've tried in True Fitness. It's fun, and its something that I enjoy doing, which is the kinda mojo that I hope to regain for BC. I'm surprised that the class wasn't packed. Maybe because its at an inconvenient time slot (9:05pm - 10:05pm.. people wanna tidur la...)...

But anyway. In case you wanna know what is jazzercise, it's basically just simple dance / aerobic moves to the latest tracks. It's not really pure dance, but there are dance techniques involved. And it's not purely aerobic, because its not as high impact. Basically, it's just hella fun. And its easy to follow too. Today was my first class, but people think I'm a jazzercise enthusiast. :P And what I like about jazzercise is how the instructor (Natasha Y) also has conditioning and toning meshed in together with the choreography. At one point, we're actually lifting dumbbells! Aiyo, damn fun la.

Jazzercise every Monday from 9:05pm - 10:05pm from now onwards!! :D :D :D ((goodbye to Body Attack... :P))

0 comments: