CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Day 15

Yeah, yeah, despite all my "I will not go to the gym! I need to relaX!" I just couldn't help my self and ended up in the gym today. And its not like I didn't have anything to do. Well... maybe that. I woke up earlier than expected today, managed to finish the stuff I was supposed to do earlier than expected... and then I found out that I could just about make it in time for Body Attack... >=p

In the end, I don't think it was such a good decision to go. The class was great (as always - Barney's class), and I still love the tracks and all that. It's just that I really *do* need the time-off gym! I could barely get my knees high during the runs, and I think that it just doesn't do justice to the new release if you don't do it with ~*full energy*~

After that, I went back to my original plan which was to have a -light- workout. Went to the women's fitness area. Did my 25x4 (15lb) for :
- abductor (the two different types)
- 25 x 3 for the low row (must work them arms!)
- 25 x 5 for the leg press

Took just enough time for me to fly over to True Yoga for my FIRST EVAR YOGA CLASS IN TRUE YOGA. In fact, today was the first time that I went INTO True Yoga (during the consulting, the dude didn't get the chance to show me the place). Well, it was a pleasant surprise, and Gentle Yoga with Sony was a different experience from the previous Body Balance / Yoga class I had at FF. The main reason is of course, that it's more peaceful at True Yoga. Unlike FF where the yoga/balance/tai chi studio is right next to the 'noisy' classes like Combat / Step / Jam, there is NO SOUND AT ALL in True Yoga. Really can relax! Secondly, I think that Sony is a better instructor even though his English is less comprehensible. :P Gentle Yoga is, as the namesake, easier than the normal Yoga / Pilates / Balance, but not TOO simple. The movement is simpler, and they go really s-l-o-w-l-y with lots of repetitions so that you have many chances to get it right. :p BUTTTTTT.. there is still a huge emphasis on correctness, flexibility, stretching and all that good stuff, so you can still sweat doing Gentle Yoga. :p For me, it was totally good, improves posture (I'm sitting straight in my chair now, even though I had back pain maintaining the lotus position in class, which btw is a freaking NOT-AS-EASY-AS-IT-LOOKS position.

Nice class, nice place, nice instructor. Can't wait to try more!

0 comments: