CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Day 348

Okay, thanks to a friend of mine, he told me I should stop doing high weights and low reps otherwise it's gonna make my arms BIGGER. I only started doing high weights because I wanted to increase strength. Someone told me, higher weights for strength, higher reps for endurance and this is what I have been holding true like it's written in stone. Besides, when I was doing low weights high reps (LWHR, lazy to write so long), I couldn't go beyond a certain amount of weights. Like, I couldn't push myself to lift more because I would know I have to do like 20 reps of the same thing. With HWLR, I could "tahan" for a while and would seemingly progress faster.


I am not good at explaining stuff, so if this doesn't make sense to you, just skip it. Sometimes I even re-read emails that I send to my boss and I think WTF was I talking about? But the reply from the boss will be something very encouraging like, "Good work Leech!! Keep it up!!" so maybe I *do* make sense after all.

(Sorry for digression.)

Anyway, today is weight training day and I decided to go back to LWHR lah... cos the more I look at myself, I'm psycho-ed into believing that my arms are GIGANTIC. HAHAHA. Of course it's not super muscular like the guys in the Animal posters or whatever. But if you compare to your average ah lian then I'm a monster lar. Bakemono... wtf. New list of things that I cannot wear : pls add on anything with sleeves shorter than 3/4s to the existing list.

(Existing list from this entry :
List of things I won't try : tube tops, anything with fishnet whatever, anything super short, tops that are too short, anything with bubble hem, skinny jeans, leggings, cigarette pants, shorts, sleeveless tops NOT for work (because cannot hide under blazer, hehe)... ERM... that's about it. -___-")

LWHR workout today:
==================
a. chest press (20kg, 17.5kg, 15kg for 16,18,20 reps). High reps are always gonna be in those numbers, so I'm not gonna repeat it)
b. fly (12.5kg, 10kg, 10kg)
c. abductor & adductor (30kg, 25kg,20kg)
d. leg curl & extension (20kg, 15kg, 15kg)
e. shoulders (25lb, 10lb,10lb) --- I also did a lot of random free weight exercises that are not worth mentioning. Basically I'm damn frustrated with how little I can do here and I was just simply hentaming everything, and praying the shoulders will suddenly become damn strong tomorrow , hehehe)
f. leg press (50lb,40lb,40lb) <--- actually, not sure whether this machine is in kg or lb...)
g. some overhead thingy to work the back (27kg, 20kg, 20kg)
h. low row (15kg, 12.5kg, 12.5kg)
i. sit ups ... about 60... I just need to do 40 crunches in 1 minute to pass my fitness assessment next time.... (note : this does not mean i did 60 crunches in 1 minute... )
j. 20 triceps push-ups... hahaha.... with proper form and "really going down" (imagining my instructor nagging in my ear... "Leech!! Chest to the floor!!!" Of course, 20 is like nothing la.. but when I think about the times I couldn't even do 1.... this brings a tear to my eye.

I think that's about it... thanks to LWHR, my usual 60 minutes weight training became 90 minutes, and after that, I had to do cardio as well. Ran for 30 minutes, up to 10kph, for about 4.25km. At first, I thought I'm so great, but then I realised that if I ran a 10km marathon, it would take me more than an hour. :O So I think next time I will just start running at 10kph instead of slowly increasing it. After I stepped off the threadmill, I felt like the whole floor was moving and I swayed my way down to the changing room. Hahaha... really dizzy. Guess I'm really gonna have a good sleep tonight. :3

0 comments: