CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Day 341

Went to my first Body Step class in about 6 months! Kept telling myself that I wanted to go after the last launch, and today it was quite by accident that I went. I thought it was Body Pump that was the last class for the day, but turned out to be Body Step. Okay lah... hahaha. Which reminds me, I *do* want to do Body Pump again!

Anyway, Body Step's latest release is really nice! I like everything except for the speed step track, which is not as fun as the "Walking on Sunshine" / "Cha Cha" days. :( It has very weird movement... I feel that it's a bit off beat. :( Most of the members also don't like it. But I really like the party track ("Just Dance"), the final power track ("Fire" --- yes the Scooter song) and the track with the half-burpee. Was just talking to my friend the other day about what a burpee was, and Roland said, "Don't ask me why it's called a half-burpee." So here I am to enlighten you all (wtf, me trying to sound knowledgable here).

A full burpee is when you go down on a squat, and put your hands in front of you (like about to do a push-up). Then you kick both feet back (now you look like you're about to do a push-up on your toes), then you go down into a push-up. Both feet jump forward back to squat position and hands are raised off the ground, and then immediately you leap as high as you can into the air.

For the half-burpee being used in Body Step, you only do the squat and push-up, there is no leaping into the air. So that is why it's only a HALF. As to why "Burpee", it's supposedly named after the Lieutenant that came up with this exercise method. :)

Okay lah, I survived Body Step. Now to try Body Pump and Body Combat new release. Think this round they really reused too many songs. In Body Step, there's Just Dance, Hot and Cold and the When You Leave song which is in Attack. Body Combat also has the When You Leave song. What's this man.. hahaha. Only Body Jam has fresh un-recycled songs this round.

0 comments: