CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Day 340

Today was launch day for True Fitness... and as I had predicted on my Twitter, I didn't manage to wake up in time for Body Combat. :( A lot of people comforted me about it - Pauline said that the place was PACKED, and later Su-Yee also confirmed that it was so packed that some members had to do BC OUTSIDE the studio. WOW! What a great response to the new release. Olivia and Pauline both said that the latest release is easy, but the songs are really nice.

Anyway, I managed to drag my carcass out of bed in time for the Body Jam launch and the Body Attack launch. Both --- totally happy clappy that I managed to make it in time for! Body Jam launches are always quite a fashion show (maybe because more female instructors!). Sharon T was wearing a top which had very sparkly sequin straps. So glam, hahaha. ;)

The new release starts off with pretty simple tracks. Don't know Saturday at all, so when Anthony asked us to sing along, nobody did lah. Hahahaha. But for Love, Sex, Magic --- whoo! Damn nice. Love the slides in this song. Next performance track is "mambo extravaganza". I'm still having trouble with the arms and the chorey, but it's simply lovely --- can't wait to try more classes with the new release. (My favorite Latin performance track is still the Don't You Worry Bout a Thing / Let's Get Loud one.)

After the "mambo extravaganza" comes the "90s hip hop" performance track, led by Sharon T. I have no idea what is 90s hip hop, but the chorey for this performance track is really nice, even though I don't really like the songs used. After that was a much-needed cool-down with Anthony with Blame It. Gosh... this is probably the only chorey in the release I don't really like because of all the heel and hips. The movement is kinda jerky and not with the music's beat. ("A little off" as how Anthony directs us).

The final performance track was led by Su Lin, who apparently sprained her ankle. SPRAINED ANKLE AND STILL DO LAUNCH WEI!!! Last performance is called "tribal house" and it is AWESOME!! SO LOVE IT! I knew that Sneaky Sound System's Pictures would be fab to dance to, and it was. :D :D :D Love the choreo for it... very aerobic, very strong movement and fun all in all. (Oh yeah, although not mentioned in the rest of my entry - Clarissa and Simone were also part of the launch team. Although just shadowing, really appreciated Simone & Su Lin who stood in front of us, cos they can correct or guide us directly. :) )

After that, rushed for Body Attack launch, led by 4 strong men - Hazrin, Jason Y, Edmund and Peter. Very funny -- Teoh and Alvin Looi from FF were also there to "give their support", but later heard from someone that Teoh being there put the rest of them under so much pressure to perform. I can soooo understand. Hahaha... but it was nice to see Teoh again. :)

I've been dyingggg to blog about the new release since I got the DVD, so here goes :
Just Dance & Womanizer - warm-up and mixed intervals
Initially thought that I would be sooooo bored listening to this for the start of the class because these songs are so overplayed by now. However, when it goes hand-in-hand with the chorey, it's like falling in love with the songs all over again. I think you'll love doing all the heel digs to the tune going "Womanizer womanizer oh womanizer oh you're a womanizer baby!"

Fly On The Wall
First aerobic track, presented by Jason. Haha, I like your "fly pose". :P This is the song that I had to present for BA tuition and I'm so glad I got it because it's one song that I can listen to over and over again. Did you know that the original singer for this song is Miley Cyrus? Hahaha. But I like this re-mixed version way more. I like the transitions from single knees to doubles, to crossovers and then "flying" away. Gotta work on the jump jacks though.

Big Fiesta
Said to be the "killer" track of release #66 because of the sheer amount of lunges that you will be doing. After the class, my friends did say that it was insane, and they are going to do at most, 8 lunges and then do the option (step knee) the rest of the way. Naughty, naughty! Just keep in mind that the "round the world lunges" are only top lunges, you don't have to go all out. And keep in mind that the final round of lunges are 32 lunges all the way. I donno .. I like knowing the total amount of lunges so that I can pace myself. Jason so cute, he said "16 lunges!!!" then "8 more!!!!" then "4 more!!!" and "Last 4!!!!"

This was also something I presented during BA tuition. Hehehe. I think it's better to present this track than to present Chumbawamba, because that one moves soooooo fast. :(

Get Shaky
I admit... I snuck off to the side to do this track (mainly cos I went to drink water as well) and if there are 104 push ups, I did maybe 70? Hahahaha. And I did a lot of options. I did on my toes for only 3 push ups. HAHAHAHA. :D I really hate this track wei... it's just pure torture. And what does getting shaky after school mean anyway?

When You Leave
Another track I thought I would be sick to death of, but I love running to this!! And very cute, the "ha-ha!" clutching tummies action. Now when I'm walking around, I always think, "When you leave, my colors fade to gray." =p Edmund was totally hyper during this track... fuuh!

Wild Wild West 08
A nice agility track, although I admit that I still haven't learnt my chorey for this track. Nyehhehe. I really like the song though. The agility track songs usually don't disappoint.

I Kissed A Girl
OMG, Peter was so hyped up during this track --- love it! When he pulls down for the knee ups and kicks, you can really feel yourself pushing to the limit. Honestly, I don't really like this track, whether chorey wise or song, but I really like the way Peter presented it, even though he ended up making us do single kick drills towards the end. :P :P

Take It To The Limit
Crazy track, lots of jump jacks + heel jacks + tuck jumps + lunges.... insanity reigns. After you survive this track, you feel like you're born again. :P

Can't Get Over - nothing much to say about this track. The movements for lower body conditioning are very similar.

Right Round - nice abs track, with the "circular" oblique and front sit-ups.

I'm Yours - relaxing cool down. Very overplayed song, but becomes fresh again in this LM class. :P

All in all, very nice release. Seriously. Go try it now! Can't wait til Monday to try BC #41. According to Olivia, the left side of the class is now very quiet without me to shout. HAHAHA. ORLY? Then Imma be bringing it this Monday. My obnoxiously loud voice, that is. :P

After BA, Alex C asked me when's my turn for launch. And then pulled my ear when I said I cannot cos I'm so lousy. T____T Fine then ... launch in 2012... see whether I can make it or not, hahaha. Anyway, really happy because got free shampoo samples and more muesli and cereal after the launch. Kekeke. :P

Talked to Alvin.. or attempted to. Cos he doesn't want to talk to me after I have switched from FF to TF. (He actually said that, I'm not making this up). Wah if I stayed in FF I would have never gotten to try BA lor (since I was home membership WC) .... so there's some pros and cons in this world.

0 comments: