CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 14, 2009

Day 401

Wow... what a tiring day today. And I made such a mistake... didn't even drink any supplements to give me additional POWAH. Only drank Redbull... which tastes like bubble gum, don't even know whether it works or not. But hey! It's 1am and I'm wide awake, so it probably is loaded with caffein.

What happened was.... we had Body Attack tuition today. -___-
I found out on Sunday. -____-
I had to present two tracks. -_______-
One of them is the power track. -____________-

Usually, there are 3 slots for tuition --- and we can pick and choose. Last round, the slot I picked only had 3 people, so this round I was determined to pick a popular slot. You know, cos I enjoy public humiliation. Haha, no lah, because there's more "sharing" if you do tuition with more people around. So yeah, I really need more hammerings. I was wondering if I should blog about it or not cos .. I don't see other people mention their mistakes. But somehow I think I learn better if I mention out my shortcomings.

Started with Body Combat in Taipan. Tuition only at 10pm in Jaya33. So I didn't want to miss BC since I already missed it last week. I didn't go as all out as I would go since I was "conserving energy" for tuition. Hahaha. There is definitely less vocal output from me today. :P Anyway, there were times even the squeaks that I emitted were louder than the rest of the class. Quite paiseh to continue.

Ok, we go straight to the tuition since I have more to say there. I was presenting the power track and lower body conditioning... as mentioned I found out about the tuition on Sunday, and if I had a choice, I would've taken a later slot so that I could have more time to prepare. But my sis is getting married this weekend, so here's no way I'm going to miss her wedding dinner so that I can go for tuition ok. Ahaha. This weekend will be a busy one for me! All weekend long in super high heels!

Luckily in a way I was given track 9 to do because I personally love this track the most out of the current release. Seriously, it's a great track.. full of energy. I like this track and also the "speed on up" (Take It To The Limit") track from last release. I think the power tracks are all amazing. Of course, I feel doubtful doing power tracks because I feel like fainting doing track 3 and 4 and MOST of the time I'm doing agility. (Btw, the agility track from latest release is SUPER nice.) Anyway, because I really like this track, I was already learning the chorey for it from the day of the workshop. Still, I was not fully confident on this, so all of Sunday and most of Monday was spent learning track 9, cos I didn't want to force all my friends to do, like 64 jump jacks at the end if I missed out some steps. =p

For the other track (the lower body conditioning one), I mistakenly thought it was gonna be easy peasy so I left it for the end. Later, found out there's a new move being introduced, and then I started sweating (Monday afternoon in the office only started learning, sei mei) and then I found out that the switchover from one leg to another leg has some really weird timing transition. I REALLY REGRET NOT PRACTICING EARLIER. It is not to say difficult... but just a bit tricky, and really have to be on the "hear out" for certain bits.

In the end... haih. I also donno what to say about my presentation. I think I took the "you must precue" thing a bit too far and end up cueing a bit early... and then there was one tuck jump where I suddenly felt my leg gave way (I got a cramp somewhere around track 6 which is strange cos damn long never have cramp ady) ... which was a pity cos earlier we were doing the tuck jumps all together, it looked damn nice ok! Everyone can jump so high, in sync! Other than that, all the beautiful scripting that I came up with earlier... all just went outta my head and I think I was just repeating stuff. Hahaha. What I find funny is that I can even talk to the other people in the class like damn casually, but I feel out of breath and panic when I have to give instructions.

Still... it was better than my presentation for track 10.. which was... really bad. Hahaha. Once the sides were switched, I totally lost the beat for the whole track and had to hazard a guess as to where we were. T_T I felt so bad... sigh...

Anyway, it was a great learning experience la. I felt bad cos I had to torture my friends thru my presentation (this is why I am not team teaching so often... hahahaha). After that, the head teacher gave us some comments... and he was really kind to me. I was damn scared he was going to yell at me for screwing up the choreography, but he said something strange to me, which was "I think you are too used to doing the cardio tracks, so when it's a slow track, you lose the beat." Hmm... I think what I did wrong was that I underestimated the track, and didn't spend enough time to learn it up. Bad bad bad. Everything needs time for the skill to be nurtured, so don't play play. Even warm-up tracks and conditioning tracks have a lot of choreography involved. :)

Other than that, I definitely still need to work on my precueing and scripting.
Definitely need to work on my knees out positioning, and also my heel jacks! Not forgetting triceps push-ups! Gosh! So many things! How am I ever going to dig myself out of this hole.

0 comments: