CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Day 406

My first time doing the new release (aside from the workshop) was at Ryann's class... hahaha. ACtually, there were only two of us, one was me and another was a tried-BA-before-but-not-really-regular lady, so it was a small and cosy class wtf. :P

Before that, I went for Dance Mania which was supposed to be Danny H's class, but he cancelled last minute, and Caprice came 30 minutes late, so we did like, damn simple steps for Shakira's She Wolf. The simple steps were already quite nice, so felt quite sad that I didn't get to do the whole thing. Must be damn nice wan. T_T

Ok, so since it's officially released in True Fitness, I can talk about each track in BA67.. hehehe.
Warm-up : Closer
The transition from the walk forwards & backwards to step curls with blade arms and step curls with arm reaching overhead is a bittttt tricky, but it works out in the end. I really like the build with step touch before walking forward. It really sets the anticipation going before "exploding" with the walk forward. Tell you something --- at first I was quite blah about learning this track for warm up because I *thought* Closer was by Chris Brown. When I found out the original artist is Ne-yo, the song became 300 times nicer to listen to hehehhee. Les Mills, pls don't ever use Chris Brown's songs anymore!!!!!!!

Mixed Impact : Release Me
Another song that I didn't really like because of the song INITIALLY, but now I really like it. I think the members will like the travelling inside this song.. all the grapevines and gallops. Apparently this song is a big dance hit.. somewhere. And a lot of the BA peeps loved this song from the get go, but somehow maybe my brain processing speed is a little bit slow. After multiple listenings only start to really like it.

Aerobic : Gimme More
Damn damn love this track! I like the chorey for it, the French accent that Amandine has in the video (wtf), the way when the "ooohs" come on it means SHUFFLES, the turns, the crossovers... great song also. "You want more? I'll give you more!" what a great line to use to motivate the members, eh?

Plyometric : Rock It
Another song that I didn't like on first listen, but it grew on me. When I first did this track during the workshop, I thought, "Hey, this plyo track is not as difficult as the others", but I think I must've been on drugs or something. Running forward, high knees, repetitive single lunges, jump jacks and bouncing across the floor... omg. And it's NON stop. Just when you think it has ended, you go back to the step knees. Madness! I love all the build ups in the song.. all the winding up and the sirens. Wooh. Rock it!!!

Upper body conditioning : Boom Boom Pow
This is probably the weakest link in this release. I am getting sick of BEP and I don't like this song that much in the first place. Stupid lyrics, and upper body conditioning is my weakest track, so yeah. It all culminates together to make me feel really meh whenever I think of it. -___- But I suppose it shouldn't be THAT tough since there's a mixture of triceps and chest push ups, instead of totally triceps like other tracks, just that there's so many 3-count pulses... -____-

Running track : Number One
OMFG, one of my favorite tracks in this release! (There are so many, but if I *had* to choose one it would be the power track at the end). I like the lyrics, and if you don't know it, let me just give you the chorus :
"I don't understand why you're number one
When it was just a fling before, now you're the one
See all I did was blink twice,
From my homie to my only
number one!"

Agility : Put a Donk On It
I *really* like the song for the agility track, and it's very fun, with soccer-inspired moves in this track! The song is very funny, with the singer going, "Baseline! Wicked! Now put a donk on it!" What's a donk anyway and how do I put it on? Anyway, it's seriously one of the harder tracks to teach, because it's very confusing, but I suppose after a few tries, it will be ace. It's also one of the more tiring agility tracks (I know members usually use running & agility to catch their breath again... after all, the queen of tou kai aka ME is the one writing this), with drop squats. It's quite relentless actually. :O But still, a very fun track. Try it, love it! :P

Intervals : Take Me To The Clouds Above
In contrast with the previous song, this is probably an easier to coach track, very simple movements, members should have no problem with this. I like the "burst of energy" forward after the spring. Anyway, kick kick kick all the way, should be no problem for you all. The lyrics are quite nice too.. very uplifting.

Power : Zombie
DAMN NICE SONG. LOVE IT! Even though I'm mad tired after the intervals track, somehow will dig deep to find the energy to do this song. Like the video says --- you are fighting with your mind as well as your body in this song to finish STRONG. From the tuck jumps to the knees and the jump jacks... whoa. Just whoa. Plus the song is really really nice and rockin'... absolutely the best track in this release! :P

Lower body conditioning : Wherever
It's actually quite tough to teach this track because the transition from left side to right side doesn't have any particularly outstanding beat / lyric for the instructor to hook on to. Hahahha. But yeah, once you find your balance in this track, it's alright lower body conditioning. 3.5 minutes only anyway. :P

Core conditioning : Goodbye
What's there to say about core conditioning, should be no problem for most. It's quite a long one though, and Ryan claims that by the end of teaching this release he will have 6 pack already. So, quite hardcore also lah. Heehehe.

Cooldown : People Get Ready
Not a very famous song, and my all-time favorite cooldown for BA has to be The Best Is Yet to Come. Didn't really like this song at first, but it's very meaningful and relaxing actually. "You don't need no ticket, to get on the Body Attack train". So get going with BA67! :D

All in all, another great release with great songs and great moves. Except for the upper body conditioning, hahahaha! :P

1 comments:

myCoffee said...

Hi!
Only managed to do the new release this week but thanks to your review, I know a little bit of what to expect. My thoughts? Incessant lunges in track 4 and tuck jumps in track 9! Tiring (as usual) but exhilarating nonetheless. The others didnt leave much of an impression although the new move in track 6 are a bit mind-boggling. Maybe I still have not caught on but I felt like I was an injured duck waddling in water, trying to swim. *LOL*