CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, September 10, 2007

Day 45

Body Combat new release! I mean, I didn't go for the new release, just went for Terence's class on Monday. I'm a hero because right up from the warm-up track I've already managed to ram into someone ala American football tackling! Wonderfully embarassing. The girl was a champion about it though and when I tried to apologise to her again after the 1st round, she saw me coming and already said, "It's okay... just an accident.. :)" What a benevolent lady! Can I be as forgiving towards others? I always refer to others as noobs, but we all have our days, right? =p

Anyway, the new release started off very promisingly. Loved the tracks. All very upbeat. Despite not being a fan of the 'ginga' movements incorporated into BC (I generally don't like ginga because it's very hard to do in the studio, especially when there are loads of people, and ginga is very hard for some people to get because they tend to step back diagonally and hence, take up more space... etc etc *rant rant rant*), but this track was one that I looked forward to... because they used Fall Out Boy's "This ain't a scene". Fuuh! From the "marching" like ginga movement in the beginning it held a lot of promise. Only complaint is that it's tooooo long. X_x

Ok, forgive me for this less than comprehensive chat about the new release. I'm writing this on Friday. =P I just remember really liking all the new tracks until it was time for the circle track (or in this case - 'face off' track). They used Avril Lavigne's Girlfriend, but to me the song tempo seems to be slower. It would be so much cooler and hard-hitting if it was faster. Movements more sharp, packing more punch. Sigh. It just didn't fit la, to me. After that, everything else was just ... so so. The muay thai track was short and sweet, just the way I like it. Lots of mt knees. =) The last track didn't live up to the previous release's one (My Chemical Romance's Welcome to the Black Parade) ... and I didn't expect it to top the awesomeness of MCR. So ... that's that.

Definitely will be going for lots of BC after this cos the new release has such promise. I think I can really grow to like it. =p

0 comments: