CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Day 48

Finally... got to try Body Jam's latest release! Today we have Farah as our instructor, and later Tina joined in as well. Fun times. =) I was feeling a bit scared because EVERYONE ELSE in the class had apparently tried the new release before. Seems like I'm the only slacker who takes like 3 weeks before she goes for group-x classes. =p Well, I have reasons ok. One is the training, the second is the puasa month results in insane traffic around Taipan. I'm seriously contemplating actually PAYING for parking so I won't have to cruise around aimlessly looking for places to slot in my poor Kleptotron. =\

As it is, today I parked illegally. And traffic hadn't eased an inch at 9:30pm when I finally went home. Seriously sien lor. I went on Monday as well (tried to go for Body Step --- yet another class I didn't get to try new release!) and I drove around for 20 minutes and still couldn't find a parking spot! Drove to the bank instead to get $$ and the bank atm machine also had to give me attitude by not accepting my card. Seriously am one stressed out mofo.

Anyway, back to today's workout.

Before the class, I spent 10 minutes on the "strider" machine. I really cannot tell the difference between the strider and crosstrainer. Is there? @_@ The only thing I see differently is the display. The crosstrainer shows how fast I'm going, the strider shows "Strides Per Minute". Just 10 minutes gave me a good warm-up before the class started.

When the class began, Farah asked who hadn't tried the new release before. That's how I found out I'm the only n00b. Then she further scared me by saying that this new release is super tough. @_@

However, I ended up quite enjoying myself! Yah, there are some steps that are really confusing. And I don't really take to the song choice this time round, nothing really identifiable except for Rihanna's Umbrella (it's the "catch your breath" song for this release) and the choreo for it LOOKS simple but damn tough to do. But aside from that, everything else was okay... The robotic dance thing requires high stamina, but the steps was easy enough to catch on. The latin track was REALLY nice. Simple choreo and I liked how from easy-swaying the tempo changes to more stomp-like with Jennifer Lopez's Let's Get Loud. The final performance track requires an insane amount of energy. Jumping like mad all the way. I don't even know the correct way to jump, but jump only la. As long as burn those damn calories. Of course the two instructors jump also damn stylo.

Looking forward to the next Body Jam class... must try this release again! (Although in my mind I still miss the whole Put Your Hands Up For Detroit cardio club routine!)

0 comments: