CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Day 55

I'm proud that I'm kinda getting back into the gym groove again. This September's total amount of times I went to the gym is high --- my original target actually, and what more, I am slowly starting to ENJOY more and more of my classes. I enjoy the whole gym experience, from working out alone in the women's area, or doing cardio on the machines, or going for classes. I no longer get bitter like I used to when I missed classes because there's so much more for me to do. =) So yes, I'm very proud of my effort this month.

Just that the darn weight doesn't go down! I don't even PIG OUT that much anymore. Actually with reference to my last post, I actually want to complain more about the ASSUMPTIONS the trainers made about me, but more on that another day. I don't like to dwell on things that I don't want to think about.

Today's work out --- Body Attack with Jason + Brian + Prudent. Why so many instructors!?! Damn intimidating, especially when I - first time doing the new release for BA - chose to stand at the back, and mana tahu, Prudent was standing at the back. -___- Well, at least that meant that if I couldn't catch up, I could just look to my side and can be 100% sure that the choreo is correct. =)

I really felt like fainting in Body Attack! So long since I have done Body Attack, what more with a new release. It's not like the new release is ultra difficult, it's just that when you're familiar with a certain release's choreography, you know when to really go "all out" and when you need to lay off a little because you know the next track is going to be more intense. Had to go for water breaks after every set, even after warm up! I like the latest "conditioning" track though - no tricep push ups! :P :P

Anyway, a really enjoyable class. After that, I chillaxed at the lounge for a bit, reading my Agatha Christie crime novels. A guilty pleasure since young. It was a bit intimidating chilling there though, because there were consultants and potential new gym members ALL around the area. There were no other gym members relaxing there. Where do these people go? It is so unlike my old gym, FF @ Consplant. I was so confounded that I actually had to ask the receptionist if the area was for everyone's usage or only for the consultants to use. :P I was only there for about 30 minutes anyway, before heading back for more working out.

I did 15 minutes on the cardio wave machine, and sweat was pouring out from every crevice. I don't know whether because it's more intense than my usual crosstrainer machine, or if it was the hot sun pouring in through the window, but I don't care. =p After that was weight training :
a) 100 situps (50 normal style, 50 butterfly style)
b) 3 sets of leg press
c) 3 sets bicep curls
d) 3 sets tricep extension
e) 50 grasshoppers! But I don't think it really works the glutes. I'll try something else next time...

Fearing a more intense weight training in the evening (training session with PT), I then went off to bathe and go home to watch StarCeleb. I watch this show because I sorta know (but they dunno me) 3 of the contestants (one of them is none other than our Body Jam instructor). My god, but some of the other contestants were really embarrassing themselves on TV. @_@ Even my mom tak tahan to watch the show any further, so I really don't know if I want to make any further efforts of cutting my gym-ming short just to watch another crappy reality TV show. @_@

Anyway, I went back to the gym at 8pm for PT. As usual, I did the crosstrainer by myself first... 15 minutes and now my heart rate doesn't shoot up to 200 anymore. This means better stamina, yo! Bad news is that the trainer then came and said today's session is cancelled. My God. During the "counseling to add more training sessions" talk on Friday, he said that he cannot help me if I don't add in more sessions, but is this commitment when he is the one who always cancels classes? Ok la, if within reason, I can still accept. BUT WHY YOU DIDN'T CALL IN ADVANCE TO TELL ME CLASS IS CANCELED? I am quite disappointed lor.

But as usual, I just swallowed my anger and just let it go. If this continues, I'm really not going to pei meen the next time. I worked out a bit more after that --- 3 sets of chest press, but really no mood already. You know, it's about 5km from my house to the gym. Maybe not far to you, but driving back and forth and back and forth is craziness. I would not have done so if I knew there was not going to be any training session.

Clearly I have made a mistake deciding to go for personal training. I will tell you more next time.

0 comments: