CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Day 303

Anthony wasn't around, but Caroline was there to whip our asses into shape last Wednesday with a high-impact cardio Body Jam workout! Arrived at the gym earlier, and since I skipped weight training (worked even more OT than Anthony, I believe... :P I stayed at the office til 2:30am!), did some weight training.

Was a little bit late (5 minutes? Which is a lot for this type of class) for Cardio Wave with Annie. Her class is a different style from Hazrin's one... but not to say which one is better. It's different and I loved it! Got to try something new! First of all, she pushes the level of the cardio wave machine up to 25... and I have never ventured into that territory before. The highest I've ever gone is 10? I don't think that the higher it is, the more resistance there is though... cos if the 'steps' are easier to move, it definitely makes the squats easier because you can bounce right back up. If you're doing running, you will "move" wider, but there's less resistance. So I really can't say ... maybe an expert can enlighten me here. :)

All the songs that Annie did for the day were ones that I have NEVER tried before either, so that was good too...

After that was weight training... very fast one because I was afraid of being late for Jam :
- chest press... have declined --- now can only do 20kg and 22.5kg. Sigh.. the perils of missing weight training for 1.5 weeks.
- chest incline - declined again. Used to be at about 24kg? Now dropped to about 20kg.
- fly - still at 19kg, didn't attempt to go higher
- lat pulldown - 19kg
- low row - about 15kg?
- about 50 sit-ups, 40 normal ones and 20 oblique curls
(all weights indicated = 3 sets)

I think I should start weight training for my legs again. I stopped because I didn't want to 'bulk' up down there... (you should see my quadriceps, hehe), but now I think my legs are starting to look soft. Hmm...

Body Jam started with some old songs... the warm-up track was Shine, I'm not so familiar with it, but Raymond did it on Monday, so it was easy to follow. It continues with Chingy's Dem Jeans (sexy warm up track). We did some really random tracks, from Janet Jackson's Feedback, Bring 'Em Up, then Waters of March (we were given a choice between this and J Lo's "Let's Get Loud", but I am glad that Caroline choose Waters of March instead because I'm quite familiar with the latter, but not so for this later release... and also because I loved it when Anthony did it a few weeks ago!), recovery with Dream & Rihanna's Livin a Lie (a beautiful song, but the movement is soooo confusing!) and then the final performance track was also from Jam #45.. Harder Better Stronger Faster ... hehe. I like that track solely because it's so cardio.... really can sweat a lot, but other than that not really a fan of the moves.

Cool down was Be My Baby tonight.. nice! :)

Got a new guy standing next to me during the class... super muscular feller... but kesian he couldn't follow. Sometimes when there's a new person in the class, do you feel like 'coaching' them as well? But it's not my business right? After the instructor think that I am penyibuk pula.. haha. Anyway, I'm not good at Jam... so even when Caroline told him to "follow the person in front of you" I felt like laughing... after he follows my mistakes also then how? :P :P :P

0 comments: