CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Day 311

Whoaaa.. I'm super pumped up about the new releases from Les Mills for the 2nd quarter of 2009! And not just for the classes that I went for... I'm now interested in trying BODY PUMP again... and even Body Vive! Hahaha... maybe you will see me at the gym more and more often after this! And with good reason, because I need to get in shape by August... you will see why. Hahha. Or maybe you won't "see" literally, but just "hear" from me on this. Hahaha. :P

Actually, was super sleepy and not in the mood for exercising this morning. It was super rainy and I was sleepy due to late nights before and an early morning (this is related to that addictive computer game that I've talked about before... but no fear, this Sunday afternoon will be the end of that game for me, so I'm sooooo going to have a lot of free time after this. Hahaha!). Also was quite emo because I found out recently that a combat instructor I like (my fave in FF last time) is no longer teaching BC. I was telling this sad story to Pauline when I got beaten by Terence out of no where. You see! This is why that instructor was my fave in FF last time and not Terence. That instructor never physically abused me! :P

Anyway, after a couple of beatings (wtf), it was time to start Body Combat #40. And boy was I not disappointed! It is a really upbeat release with tracks that I like from start to finish! Just as good as BC #39... so I wasn't disappointed in any way. :D There are some combos which are a bit... odd, but they can easily be ironed out within the next 3 weeks. Don't really like the esquiva Tubthumping track... but hey, it's Tubthumping. If I have to do esquivas to this funtastic track, then so be it. :P

But my favorite for this release has got to be Tutti Fruitti. You might think that it's super repetitive, but it's really fun and upbeat lah... peeps, you totally have to put your hands up in the air during this track. Fun fun fun ok!! :D
(Also, thanks to Tutti Fruitti, that means we have no circle / split class into two track!! Yayyyyy!)

During Let it Rock which I think is a super track to do conditioning to, I realised that all Hazrin's efforts in trying to teach me the tricep push up has shot to hell because I still don't know how to do it. Hahaha! Okay, granted I haven't been practicing, but I really don't have the time to do so. Maybe tomorrow! I will set aside one hour to do weight training which I have been sorely missing.

Oh, and we got a "prize" for this class... damn weird thing. It's a "flag stand"... I plan to write "I am now in a meeting" on the flag and put it up on my cubicle whenever I'm away. On the other side, I will write "I am in the toilet" and flip it around whenever the situation changes wtf.

And actually I didn't know got prize to win ya. I saw Pauline taking a prize from Terence and then I damn thick face said, "Oh got presents ah! I want!!" I thought everyone who attended the class got presents la! Mana tahu there were only two. Sigh... unintended tak malu person. :P

After a one hour break, which me and Pauline spent scouring PHARMACIES, we then went for Body Jam. Now this is one release that I have split feelings about ... (btw, Shirlyn looked damn pretty that day. It's a combination of the eye-popping colors of her outfit + her MAKE UP + naturally she's pretty larrr hahaha... oh and Zariena was teaching also! Fuuh! I think she should teach more often in TF!). Anyway, about the release...

It starts off really nicely, with Sandcastle Disco... I think most members would have no problem with the warm-up track. Then comes the "Latin" / salsa one which is really nice to dance to! I was starting to really like release #49! I had a bit of a problem with the flipping back part, but the key is just to remember to face the RIGHT side first each time, hahha. Basically the performance track with Loaded is a nice one!

After that comes the troublesome street jazz performance ... but even so... still think I caught the hang of it towards the end, but of course it didn't look as beautiful as what the instructors are doing. The bit with the kick and then swinging the head part was a bit .... awkward looking for me. For the final performance, we had house (again.. yes.. Les Mills is going on a house kind of kick now) and at the beginning it was all good. You just need a lot of stamina and craziness to keep going with those kinda steps. :P However, what KILLED me was the freeze and twist part. O-M-G. And Anthony can move soooo fast I can't even see where his feet are going. And when they topped it up to freeze, twist and spin, aiyah, I just gave up at this point and did a little march around in a circle hahha!

I am SOOOOOO going to practice and get that whole freeze and twist thing down pat! I don't want to keep doing my "tou kai" version for the next 3 weeks! That freeze and twist thing pisses me off so much because it screws up the entire dance chorey for me and I'm so hung up about those 16 counts that I start forgetting the earlier steps and something simple like a step back and turn , step front and turn becomes majorly difficult for me. Sigh!!!

So yes, I think the latest release of Jam #49 is super difficult!!! Hahahha! Out of the entire release, only feel comfortable with 3-4 songs wor!! :D

During the next hour break, went and had makan.. at Lorong Seratus Tahun. :D I was thinking that eating + after sitting for one hour and having my legs go NUMB ... I wouldn't be able to go for Attack. But boy was I wrong. Maybe it's because the food I had was light (kangkung + sotong salad.. hahaha), or maybe because once they hit "play" for Body Attack release #65 I go nuts... but it was another fantastic release from start to end.

Warm up with Everywhere and That's Not My Name was simple and nice... not too repetitive. I like the box - gallop thing for That's Not My Name... hehehe. When everyone moves in synchrony, it looks really good! Baby I'm On Fire really makes you feel you're on "fire"... and then there's Tubthumping (yes... again! I will be hearing so much Chumbawamba remixes for the next 3 weeks!) ... which really KILLS you. How does it kill you? Think... lunges + shuffles non stop before going into single lunges all-da-way! OMG! How to survive 3x a week for the next 3 weeks of this! Hahahaha! My legs will die! Honestly, I have no idea how I managed to finish this track and continue! Don't really remember the rest of the tracks, but the final peak was good too... jump jacks and air jacks... can jump like a frog = good for me already. Hahaha.

The midway conditioning track is torture for me though... again, like Combat, it's a good track to do your push-ups and TRICEP PUSH UPS to --- I Don't Care by Fall Out Boy... but boy, I really cannot do tricep push-ups for the life of me! T____T

Must practice, must practice!

Anyway thanks to :
Terence (Ryu), Nicholas (aka DJ Blanka... hahaha, sucks to be you... why Terence gave you such a horrible character la! Still got Guile mah.. more suitable for Nicholas than Blanka for sure), Alex C (Ken), Simone (Chun Li) and Lorraine (Sakura... my fave character in Street Fighter... would use her character whenever I play the video games actually).

[Off topic a bit on why I like Sakura... Sakura's background is that she saw Ryu fighting, and is fascinated with him. In order to "catch up" to him, she fights a lot of other people to gain information on his whereabouts and also to train herself up so that she can be worthy of becoming his disciple. Super dedicated lor. But the ending for the video game after she wins the match with Ryu is a bit sad la... after she has defeated him, he still doesn't want to train her and then walks away with her shouting after him. After that she just vows to train even harder... wah! Anyway, that's Sakura's background... video game version hahaha.]

Shirlyn + Zariena + Anthony who were damn semangat today with full neon cartoon get ups!

Hazrin + Edmund (last minute replacement for Jason Y) + Janet ...

for the superb launch of all the abovementioned classes today...
without you all, where would we members be. ;)

The best part about today? I don't even feel tired after the last Attack class... sure, got some muscle fatigue, but nothing serious. THinking of going to BC tomorrow.. if I can wake up early, lol. :D

2 comments:

Su-Yee said...

thanks alot for attending! you were super good into it! and super energetic! salute salute!

Leech The Leceh said...

ohh.. and thanks a lot to you as well for organising this + all the free cereal. hahaha. :D i don't know if it's one box per member or one box per member per class... i "self-service" myself to the cereal (lorraine's words..)

:))

hehehe.. thanks for the words of encouragement. wish to be maybe less energetic but better at triceps push ups. :(((