CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 12, 2009

Day 305

Before I begin my usual dreary recounting of the daily exercises, I want to tell you about this gym entry I read recently! It's from one of the famous bloggers, fatboybakes... he was talking about how you "never forget your first time"... in Les Mills Group X classes that is! Damn funny entry, and me and my other gym-enthusiast colleague laughed and laughed over the descriptions he gave. Well, as for me... I must be a total slut cos I don't remember my first time at all. ;P I don't even remember who it was with! :P But it must've been good since I kept at it right. Hahahaha!

So I dug out my ancient blog archives... when I was blogging about life at Fitness First. So funny, this was my first entry there (my new comments in bold pink):


Anyway, my point of writing this is to tell you about my first day at gym. Was quite paiseh at first, but everyone is minding their own business, unless you have trouble starting the machine. In which they will kindly help you. Did about 15 mins of that weird ski machine thingy... too complicated kind of machine to start the workout with. Or maybe, too tough for a tofu like me. Was sweating like mad after 15 minutes. (Yes Leech, you *were* a super duper tofu.. that ski machine thing is no where as difficult as a cardio wave machine!) Decided that I would do something that I'm good at - walking. Had a total of about one hour of fast walking (6-7km) and running (8.5km) on the threadmill (I must've been damn free to spend one full hour on the threadmill.. siow!). Was inspired by the aunties and uncles next to me who were running at 10km without breaking into a sweat. Meanwhile I'm huffing and puffing and silently willing for the torture to end. In between, did some cycling... for about 25 minutes. And that's it. I tried to go for body combat / body jam, but all the classes were filled up damn fast. Kinda disappointing, but according to Aaron (that's a good man!), it's just the beginning-of-the-week enthusiasm. I HOPE. I'm going back tomorrow and I'm torn between going for the RPM class or the body combat class tomorrow. (OMG! I used to consider RPM classes?!! Hahaha!) Fun fun fun!

It's an overall great feeling la --- having your worries melted away while you're exercising. And then having a nice shower at the end. ^_^ Aaaahhhh... so happy with the workout. My legs are in that 'pleasantly sore' kind of stage. Meaning that all the dance practice has been giving me enough exercise for this kinda activity. Ok la, you gym buffs will say that I didn't strain myself enough, but you want me to die ah? Start slow slow first laaaa.

Kinda not going into any particular workout regime yet. I WANT MY 2 FREE 45 MINUTE SESSIONS WITH PERSONAL TRAINER! (How come it was 45 minutes only ah? Most gyms offer 1 hour pt session what!)I will bombard him / her with a gazillion questions as to how to turn me into a mean, lean fighting machine with chicken legs! No use running and cycling and all that if it's not helping me combat my problem areas right? End up with muscular legs, then I cry! :O (Too late babeh, ended up with no chicken legs after all and supremely muscular legs if i may say so myself. ^_^)


Anyway, scanning through my entries, I still cannot 'trigger' who I had my first time with (wtf, there's no way to put it in a less cheeky manner). My journal starts somewhere at the end of February, but I didn't mention whose classes I went for during the one week trial, and sometimes I didn't even bother to mention whose class it was. Lol. So I'll just list the one where I wrote the instructor's name... hahaha :

Body Combat : I didn't write down whose class I went for, but apparently Jon Low was team-teaching and I went with my friend Albert. One excerpt from the blog that I found funny was this : Body combat class is just as, if not more, vigorous than body step (I disagree now... Body Step is definitely harder on the lower body). I don't understand how people can shout and scream in the class. I'm huffing and puffing already, and if I shout, I'm just going to make my myself completely out of breath. What's the secret mahhhhn (Oh I know the secret now hahahaha!). I turn to my right at the end of the class and I find that Albert hasn't even broken into a sweat. Nor was he breathing heavily (if breathing at all!). Amazing! Then he asks me, "How come you so pink one?" -___-

I was also damn obsessed with the Shake Your Body Muay Thai track. After doing it once in Terence's class, after that it was always mentioned, "Today I went for so-and-so's class, but why did I bother, he didn't do Shake Your Body also." or "I went to Alvin's class today... it was fun, even if he didn't do Shake Your Body." or "I went for his class again today... why no Shake Your Body." HAHAHAHA. By the way, today Alex C did Shake Your Body. The Leech of 2005 would be veryyyyy happy. :D

Body Jam : Riyo (oh...!!) apparently the first class I did with her had tracks from Body Jam 30 and 31. Say whatttt!! Omg, I can't even remember ever doing those tracks! (I listed California Dreamin' - which I only remember as a Step song and Outkast's I Like the Way You Move).

Body Step : Riyo also! Haha. Funny, I don't remember going for thaaaat many of her classes back in FF last time... :)

Body Balance : //can't seem to find the entry, but I can tell you that in my whole FF / TF life, I only did this class once... :D So whoever did the first class with me... sorry but you made me hate it for life. :P I was never the same after that... hahaha!! //

Body Pump : Some guy called Steven, and during the class:

I can honestly tell you that I'm the weakest member in his class. All the ladies in his class are like Amazonian women, who pump more than the average male. I see also I scared. My minimum weights was 4kg, and max at 7kg only. =p Even then, by the time it was the last song, I was wondering why the floor was moving... and then found that my legs were shaking uncontrollably! However, the good news is that I don't feel the awful shoulder-aching / "cannot move at all" rubbish that happens to me when I try to outdo myself. =)

RPM : a guy called Jon who I don't remember but apparently he's very nice cos he adjusted my stationary bike for me. Hahaha! Yalor! How come the TF instructor never adjust for me wan ah!!

Cardio Dance : I think I only went for this class once or twice, but the first time it was taught by a guy called Sunny who taught us Ciara's 1 2 Step. I remember I really liked the steps for this class!! And I was fumbling a bit cos I couldn't see the instructor in front (I liked to hide at the back last time... hehehe)...

Body Attack : Barney (this was in True Fitness, and his class is the only one I truly remember my first time with... mainly because I was really looking forward to my first Attack class in TF after being told we couldn't have Attack in Consplant because the studios were too small.)

Anyway, I guess I don't remember because I already had the intention to do certain classes, so it wasn't like I stumbled into the studio, suddenly met a fantastic instructor who made me fall in love with the program instantaneously... I'm not saying the instructors are bad, far from it! It's just that ... when you are new, you are already struggling to catch up on the steps (while enviously looking at the regulars who are prancing away in front), really hard to remember the instructor as well when you're struggling with public humiliation.

Hmm.. good times in Les Mills classes.... :) Truly, enjoyed all my classes and all instructors except for one particular Balance instructor back in FF... felt that she was not 'professional' because she came late for her own class, and then when her hour was up, she just 'makan-ed' into the next class's time slot, which was Body Combat. The BC instructor and the students were all waiting outside the studio already and when the BC instructor signal to her to get out, she came out angrily and told him she have to take his time cos she was late 15-20 minutes, so she can only end her class 15-20 minutes late. ?!?!?!? Then why should us BC students pay for her mistake?! Damn stupid... Some more last time the time slots didn't have those 15 minute break in between like in TF... so really eat into our BC time slot and the BC instructor couldn't replace for US because there was another class after ours... sighhhhh....


Ookieeee.. back from time warp, and I was late for Friday's BC class because there was an accident on KL/Seremban highway... important enough to appear on the Hitz Traffic report ok! Hehehe... it was raining and as always, when it rains driver ability shoots down 80%... people become more moronic on the road.....

So I ended up late 15 minutes... and was shocked to see that Adrian was team teaching with Alex C! Hahaha.. I tell you Adrian is a FAKER. :P You know why?

Cos he said that he's gotten fatter in Dubai - Lie #1

Said that he out of shape... won't be teaching in TF when he's back (will join us on the floor) - Lie #2...

It's great to see him back on the stage.. and he did his 'classics' la.. hahaha. I don't even know what those tracks are, but they are from his 'era' of combat lah. Some of them include Amadeus, Don't You Want to Feel (Crazy!!! Lunges should be left to Attack and NEVER be incorporated into BC tracks EVER AGAIN!!! I did lunges on Thursday with Janet and then unexpectedly have lunges here too... gosh.. there's a reason why I went to Taipan instead of Jaya 33 for Peter's class!!), erm.. I don't remember anymore. Alex C did If Ya Getting Down (I just mentioned recently that he does this supa olddddd track... it's fun!) and Shake Ya Body. Damnit, I love Shake Ya Body... damn nice Muay Thai track lah!!

Okay, do you want to know something funny? During the conditioning track which is also an old track (I remember Swee kept doing it in FF to purposely torture tofu me) , this super muscular guy who is Alfee aka Body Pump instructor said he wants to challenge me during conditioning. *fainted* Hello??? Why would you challenge me in something like that! It's like me challenging him to dance to Don't Cha in Body Jam lor! And then he asked Kress to challenge me also? Fainted x 2...

But it's good also lah... doing that means that it prevented me from tou-kai-ing... and also encourage me to tone up and be STRONGER so that next time, no matter who wanna challenge me, I will just say, "BRING IT ON!" ahhahaa...

So wait for me guys.. next time I will be more enthusiastic about the idea. :P

2 comments:

Su-Yee said...

on the day that adrian is teaching, he actually just landed in KLIA at 5.30pm then rush over to class.:P

Leech The Leceh said...

cannot be la su-yee... i saw him on Monday in Terence's class! Unless he went holiday somewhere after that?

adrian, pls clarify.. hahaha.