CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Day 306

Went to Taipan for Body Jam and Body Attack today, with Jeremy and Hazrin respectively.

Body Jam was fun! Although as Jeremy says... our Taipan class is quiet... sigh. We did New Day and Conga for warm up, followed up with Bring Em Up and Feedback (so familiar... hahaha.... just did it on Wednesday!), then it was Latin track with Hips Don't Lie and Boom Boom. Cool down was Flashing Lights, then performance track was Jam 46's Miracle House track.

Talking about Miracle, today was also the Miracle 09 event at the Curve. I was actually planning to go, but I only found out on Friday itself! And then when I tried to find more information about it, like what GX classes were being held and at what time, I couldn't get one single detail out from the blogs online... and since I was busy on Friday and finding out quite unexpectedly (found out from an instructor whose blog I read... saying that she was presenting at the event)... couldn't go lor... quite sad... I wanted to go and try the Combat and Jam GX classes like before... and ATtack this time! Kekeke. And get the Miracle 09 shirt!! Hahaha.. it's a fun event... couldn't go the year before because I was in Cambodia.

Anyway, because of Miracle, ended up only 2 people showed up for Attack today! And Hazrin was soooo dying because he's doing so many GX classes nowadays, I felt quite bad for him lah.. that he have to teach us 2 so-called regulars just because we showed up. Hahaha.. but of course he thought us cos he's a pro like that. ;) Almost for every track he would ask me, "Do you know what song this is?!" or "If I don't do, do you know the next step?" What is this!! Ujian sekolah ah! Hahaaha. I can say that for most songs, regardless of whether BC or BA or Jam or whatever, I don't know the steps til the instructor says. Except for a few, like Power of Love, Whatever You Want, Bagpipes... oops , those are BC tracks, hahaha. :P

Then he was shocked because I said I never do the Bad Day "grab someone and turn around" bit before.. actually I lied... I did it before, but I didn't know what I was doing, and whenever the instructor tries to do it with me, I am wondering why they are running after me... (in the heart I'm thinking : "weirdo..." hahahahaha). But I'm sooooooooo happy because the final track was Nowhere Fast, my ultimate most fantastic, beloved, most wanted... Body Attack track... and after today, I'm going to memorise the steps.. hahahaha... we must do this track more often ah! :D

After class, Hazrin was so kind to teach me the correct way to do triceps push-ups as well.. well, if you really do read this blog of mine, I always say that I suck at it. Well, Hazrin demonstrated the way I supposedly do triceps push up... let's just say that if I'm a guy, I would be accused of attempting to fornicate with a mat. -___- So anyway, now I know the ~proper~ way to do triceps push up and boy is it difficult... but at least now that I have the method in place, I will practice privately during my weight training sessions til I can macho-ly do it without the option too. Right now, Hazrin suggest that I do half with option and half without since my upper body strength isn't there yet. ;(

After class, me and the other regular (new found friend.. hahaa... she is so funny.. she asked Hazrin what's my name... in front of me. T__T and said I'm super gung-ho during Attack... why is that the common description for the way I do attack ah. Should say I'm super skillful la... hehehe) ... were talking about Attack in general. Got a lot of stuff being said that is really... hmm.. gives me something to think about. One thing of interest that this other regular said that interested me was that she said that most instructors do not know their stuff about muscle groups and all that... she said should recommend all LM instructors to do some certification so that they become more knowledgeable.

I guess it's true also.. if you want to teach, you have to be knowledgeable on all things, not just about the program and the steps. You really have to care for your members, teach them how to do things so that they don't injure themselves, increase their knowledge about their own body by telling them how each step is helping them... this sounds really cheesy.. and maybe not everyone appreciates that. They just wanna dance! Or move! And they don't have much time to hear all the yakkety yak... but still, it's something that the instructor ought to know... just in case. ;)

And also... Hazrin said that out of 20+ people who sign up for Attack training, only 10 or so will pass. So I think I don't think I'll sign up this year la.... hahaha. See? Cannot even do triceps push up properly wor. :(

2 comments:

myCoffee said...

Hi! Remember me? Haven't been following your blog for quite a while. Glad to see you are doing better and better at gym! :) Sounds like you are an Attack kaki too. Have you tried the latest release? Track 4 is really something, isn't it? ;)

Leech The Leceh said...

hey there.. of course i remember you.. RPM + Pump supporter right! yeah, I started becoming an Attack kaki only early this year.. how about you? didn't get the chance to try the new release yet... tomorrow only launching at TF. Did you go to Miracle this year? super crowded from the pics... so was relieved that I didn't go after all... but the energy from the stage looked amazing... torn between going or not next year, hahaha.