CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 17, 2007

Day 89

Was debating between Boot Camp Workout or Body Combat to start my Saturday workout with. Stayed up til 1am still debating, hahaha! On one hand, BCW is new and I can only attend one class a week (the other time slots I will be at work). On the other hand, I've missed BC for the ENTIRE week! On Friday I was supposed to go but I had a gathering @ the office. -___- In the end, no Boot Camp Workout OR Body Combat for me because I woke up late. :P :p :P

Started the day with Body Attack with Jason instead. A really great workout, and I'm so happy to see that I was full stamina ahead for all tracks, from the warm up until Kiss The Sky at the end. I didn't falter during the lunges track although it was one of the "peak" tracks - had a lot of running back and forth, shuffle and lunges. @_@ Okayla, I didn't do too well for the triceps track (Beware of the Dog as usual) but I managed to do 8 tricep push-ups in a row! Ok that is like a supreme achievement for me la.

Jason said that Body Attack is 'known' for being one of the best "calorie burners" in the Les Mills programs. Apparently one session can burn up to 1000 calories... if we do "like him". =P

After that, was eagerly waiting for my Dance Mania class with Danny which I have been looking forward to the entire week (since I missed last Sat's one). So bangang when I found out that it has been replaced with Funky Line with Ronicia. At first I was quite mad because if I knew his class was replaced then I wouldn't have gone to Jaya 33 at all, would have stayed in Taipan the whole day. But then I remembered how fun Ronicia's class for Dance Mania was last Weds, and I thought what the hell, just see how Funky Line is la...

And it was damn bloody good fun! Ronicia was her usual hyper, funky, funny self she really knows how to make us participants enjoy ourselves. We did a few songs - from El Impacto (Daddy Yankee ft Fergie), Everybody Dance Now (Goleo) and some others I forgot. :P About 3-4 movements only. As usual, her cool down track (Almaz) was super dramatic ... damn nice la. Macam ballet dance movements only.

In her own words, Funky Line has nothing to do with the Line Dancing that we know. The only thing that connects the two of them is that Funky Line is "inspired" by Line Dancing's movement from wall-to-wall. The choreo is MUCH simpler, MUCH easier to remember and it's ... funkier la! Not so much on technique like Line Dancing, simple movements but stompin' it out. :)

Thing is now I like Ronicia's classes, and she asked us to "bang Alex's head against the wall and tell him to give me a permanent slot". I DO want Ronicia to have a permanent slot for Funky Line AND Dance Mania, but not at the cost of not having Danny's Dance Mania at Jaya 33!!!!!! All also I want!!! MUWAHAHHAHAHAA.

How la. =[

After that, I drove back to Taipan for Anthony's Body Jam class. Truth is I've never been to his class and I do so enjoy Su Lin's class at Jaya 33 BUT I cannot stand doing nothing for 2.5hours. So I decided to just wrap up my workout quickly by going back to Taipan. Taipan's undergoing some kinda 'renovation' traffic is HELLISH there, so hard to find parking. Some drivers are really stupid and selfish, they suddenly just stop in front of you and you think they are waiting for someone to reverse out but you know what? THEY ARE ACTUALLY JUST PARKING RIGHT THERE AND THEN. WTF. Stupid ah?

So despite having ONE HOUR between the end of Ronicia's class and the start of Anthony's class, I arrived for the start of Body Jam just in the nick of time. Was actually quite curious to see how his class would be like since as I stated above, never went for his class before. But turns out (as fate would have it) it was replaced with Farah. It was an alright class for me... we did :
~ Boogie 2nite + Tambourine (warm up and isolations)
~ Don't You Worry Bout a Thing + Let's Get Loud (Latin Track #1)
~ La Bomba (Latin Track #2)
~ Hip Hop performance track (Drop It Like Its Hot until Mo Money Mo Problems)

Which are all tracks that I like and am VERY familiar with already. But a little TOO familiar lor! I did the hip hop performance track almost 3 times in a row already! At first it was so novel, like meeting an old friend I haven't seen in a while. Now it's like, "Oh it's you again ah!"

0 comments: