CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Day 81

Today was a horrible, dreary day at the gym! Boo! But I'm still quite satisfied with the overall workout because I got to try everything that I told myself that I ought to do. :) Today I'm including more pictures on the blog... make it a little bit more lively here. :P

Started with Boot Camp Workout - new class that's replacing BLT. What is Boot Camp Workout? I allow the poster @ True Fitness to describe it :


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


If you cannot see clearly / don't wanna strain your eyes, here is the description:

It's called Boot Camp Workout for a reason! You work your heart and muscles by going from one exercise to another with NO rest. The work out includes calisthenics like jumping jacks, crunches, push ups, and other body weight exercises at different intensities - guaranteed to burn lots of calories! This effective and efficient workout class challenges your body to its limits and taking it to another level.


Sounds interesting ya? Just for this class I went to Taipan at 9:45am instead of heading directly to Jaya 33 as I'm wont to do on Saturday. Alex C is the instructor --- I was there early and at first he thought I was the only student. And he said, "If you're the only one, then can die one you know." @_@ Of course I wasn't the only one la! After such a warning, if I *was* the only feller, I would have walked out of the class. :P :P We started the workout with 5 minutes on the strider outside the studio. Strider @ level 5 was easy peasy for me... normal only. :P *action*

Went back to the studio, and saw that Alex has arranged some weight training equipment around the studio. Basically every few steps or so there is a "station", and at each "station" you are required to do a certain form of exercise. We start with 6 stations, and then add on to 8 stations. For each round, we do 2x of the circuit. Spend only 2 minutes at each station... so basically plenty reps but low intensity. Can be quite interesting as you won't get bored with one type of exercise for too long. KIND OF LIKE BODY PUMP la, but since the weights at each station is pre-prepared, you kind of don't have a choice but to use something that is too light or too heavy for you. Maybe next time will go in to class earlier and place my own 'special' weight resistance at each station... huhuhu.

ANYWAY. Yes, the 1st circuit was something like this :
-> squats
-> chest press
-> dunno what is the term for this. basically you pull the weights down to your knee, pull back up to waist, repeat 3x. Works the lower back? I also donno.
-> tricep extension
-> lunges
-> biceps

2nd circuit :
-> squats
-> squat jumps onto a step board
-> chest press
-> the thing I don't know the proper name for
-> tricep extension
-> tricep extension again, but instead of lying on board and using weights, use body weight.
-> lunges
-> biceps

Like that la. I found this more fun than Body Pump because you get to move around a lot more... perhaps so happen there were about 6 of us, so the studio wasn't too crowded, and while doing you can observe other people around you... hehehe.

Perhaps next round I will choose heavier weights! Don't feel the strain on the upper body at ALL. Only feeling it at my thighs at the moment because of the lunges, squats (for squats of course we use heavier weights) and the jumping squat thing. But must be careful not to strain self too much, got one guy got woozy towards the end of the circuit. Boot camp workout, don't play play! :P Ended the class with another 8 minutes on the strider. =)

After that, I hurried and drove over to Jaya 33 for Body Attack with Jason. Thanks to the construction and the shitty drivers at Taipan + lack of parking at Section 14 (due to morning market aunties) I ended up 15 minutes late for the class. But in a way I was fortunate too... the class was INTENSE! There was only 4 of us (and then 3 because one gal left after Beware of The Dog --- ya, beware indeed!), so Jason could give his full ~concentration~ on us. Making us do lunges ~all the way down~, running ~faster and faster~, etc etc. For Chealsea Dagger, he was on the same side as me (by now only 3 of us left, so when we face each other 2 against 2, he had to join us on the floor)... so I really felt the "tension" of doing the choreo next to the instructor. Why tension? Scared if I don't move fast enough for the 3-step knee then he might knee me in the back instead, muwahhaha. So ya... thank God only 45 minutes of Attack, else I might really pancit tayar. Some more for Grace Kelly (conditioning track) he kept saying "lower... lower" during the squats. And then came over and pressed my shoulder to go lower. Nearly collapsed la! (actually I did.. hehe)

Was thanking God when it was all over... and headed to my main reason for always going to Jaya 33 --- Dance Mania with Danny. Gosh, did I ever mention that Danny really looks like my colleague Binz? Anyone who goes for Danny's class and reads my blog? Hehehe... maybe you'd agree with me. Those who don't, this is how I think our instructor looks like :


Binz is the 3rd from left


For Dance Mania we did bellydancing, but not authentic one (as described by Danny) --- added in his own flava to the mix. Quite fun also la, and not as intense as the other Dance Mania dances (Spice Up Your Life, Cha-Cha) done by him. Don't really remember the song that he did ... it's one of Shakira's earlier hits. The dance move is nice though, and I loved it when he arranged us in "formation" so that the class could see our own dance moves when we are close to each other. =) I love the movement where you are leaning back and then still shaking the hips upwards. Sexy! I sms-ed my boyfriend after the class to say that next time I will show him the dance moves... mwuhahaha. Sure he will give me some BAD comments. >=\ Hahhaa, and I kena commented by Danny again for giving weird facial expressions while dancing. Hmph! Not all the time what!

Had time off at this moment to go for lunch, etc. Gosh, sadness to the max. Was planning on walking around section 14 and scouting the good food around the area. But it was raining! No wonder the gym was so cold! Freezing! Ended up had to eat in Jaya 33 itself. After that, was still antsy, wanted to go walk around, but since raining went back to the gym. Found out that there was a water shortage of some sort. No one allowed to use toilet or bathe, and the swimming pool was also closed. T_____T The day I have time to swim, it's closed... you tell me tulan or not. By this time it was just drizzling lightly, so I somehow walked around section 14 until I went into Jaya supermarket... blablabla... then went back to the gym for BOdy Step, but because my handphone DIED on me (battery ran out) I missed the class and it was packed... haih. Sat in the least-coldest area of True Fitness and ... read storybook. :P :P

I also took a picture of this to show you yet another new class being introduced in True Fitness. Got some drama involving this thing, I'll tell you if I encounter it PERSONALLY:


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


FYI, coincidentally Alex C walked past just as I was snapping this photo. He came to me and ask me how come so "yuk shuen" (disgusting) kinda picture also I want. T_______T Omg, so malu. At first I thought it was Giggs talking to me (typical Giggs behavior to go and comment on my actions). As I was explaining the purpose of me taking the picture, Alex C continued with, "Not yuk shuen meh? That guy is like, in his underwear only." T_______T Please la, don't make it sound like I'm trying to pervert on the yoga master. T_________T

Waited until it was time for Body Jam with Su Lin. Su Lin is one super duper hype, cheerful, happy lady. Even if you're feeling down in the dumps, you can't help but be infected with her craziness and go crazy yourself. Jam was not bad, started with :
~ Watchin' (Freemasons) - warm up
~ Beg For It (Omarion) - isolations
~ old skool performance track feat James Brown, Fergie, etc
~ hip hop performance track feat Bobby Brown, BEP, Snoop Dogg (the one Jason has been doing previously)
~ recovery track (Long Way To Go)
~ cool down (Beautiful Liar)

Hehee.. Su Lin said she going to introduce really old performance track, scared me for a while there. Luckily did it twice in Jason's class! =)

And lastly, finally, damn a lot to say... went for Cardio Defense. Again, if you can't see what was written on the poster, here's the description:

Learn the art of self-defense in this fun and interactive training program. Cardio Defense develops your physical fitness and burn calories while showing you the fundamental self-defense techniques so that you are fit physically and mentally


The instructor is Feynman... first time I heard this name I ask Raymond to guess what nationality the guy is. I said could be Brazilian like the trainers in Celebrity Fitness or our Capoeira instructors. Raymond said, "Certified is a chinese guy...".

He was right. :P

Anyway, the starting quite scared me... we had to take off our shoes. -__- And then for about 20 minutes we were doing things which was some what like YOGA. Stretching here and there... holding positions, learning the basics, breathing techniques, etc. Then he made us partner up to do "response" or "reaction" training. Damn scary ok! Asking us to hit our partner! Also damn paiseh to hold my partner cos I just did like 4 classes? Damn smelly la ok! Shy betul!

Some more, after all my "accidents" in Body Combat classes, I am damn afraid of hitting some one now. =p And there's huge potential for injuring your partner ok. And if you don't go all out, then feels like you're not really training pulak. I ended up laughing hell a lot during this exercise, don't ask me why! This instructor must be boh song with me by now.

After that, we learned some basic punching techniques. He insist we should aim towards our opponent's solar plexus (middle of the torso, between the rib cage). Maybe because I'm used to BC when we aim for people' face (damn brutal), ended up punching at face level. To "train" me, the instructor stand in front of me and ask me to punch him in the solar plexus... omg.... T___T Damn scared for few reasons:
a. He guide my hand down so low at first I thought he wanted me to punch him in the crotch. Damn scary ok!!! Why would I want to punch someone in their crotch!
b. When I punch him, he like, didn't move away. And said, "Harder..." in this bored voice like omg, not pain at all!
c. When I punched him for a few times, the sound that comes out is like "piak piak piak" macam slapping someone's backside only. Hard to explain la. I was hoping for a "booooof!!" kinda sound. Drama a bit, you know.
d. After punching him few rounds, my knuckles damn pain, wtf.

Lots of random exercise after that... we learned 5 stances also.. on what to do when facing an opponent. Block -> elbow him to the face -> back elbow secret opponent sneaking behind -> lunge and side elbow earlier opponent -> elbow him in the spine when he has fallen -> right side elbow again to sneaky opponent again. Hhahaa.. this one was quite fun. Funnier when Feynman insist on Adrian helping him demonstrate the "real usage" for these stances. Adrian had to hug him from behind for damn long (kononnya trapping Feynman). Hahaha!!

Some fun stuff we also learned today:
-> walk like a duck
-> walk like a crab
-> walk like a bear
-> hindu push up (??)
-> dolphin push up
-> rolling on our back
-> perfect 5x45degree opened feet ideal kung fu stance.com

Oh ya, there was some ~*drama*~ in the class... Feynman split the class into two sides, and then each side got one person who has to hold a "target" for the other person to kick. Adrian was the target holder... and then when Alex saw Adrian holding it, he had to go and kick a few times (I mean, kick the target, not Adrian). Super intimidating lor! Alex's kicks all hit the target squarely and perfectly. @_@ The first time I kick, I think... I hit air! But thankfully didn't end up kicking Adrian's face, that would be mortifying!

Anyway... got one gal (incidentally, my partner from earlier) who when kicking the target, fell down. Aiyo... damn dangerous la! SEe la, this is what happens when you don't wear shoes in the studio!

Damn funny la... I was wearing my Figo #7 shirt, and then Feynman calls me "Figo" when "encouraging" me to do my push ups ("come on Figo, go lower") ... wtf.

Well, that was a pretty INTERESTING class all in all... but don't think I'll do it on Monday. Will only THINK about going for it in Jaya 33 since it's more convenient... it's held at 9:05pm in Taipan... I want to go for Dance Revolution Para Para in Jaya 33 at the same time. =p

Thankfully by the time I wanted to go home, the water was back @ the gym, but DAMN low pressure. Not only was the water barely enough for me, it was ICE COLD!!!! OMG!!!!!! But I rather freeze for 20 minutes than to go home sweaty and smelly. TORTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 comments: