CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Day 217

Was a little late for the 7:30pm Hot Yoga class. Thinking that the next class was an hour later, I rushed through weight training in order to arrive at the adjoining gym in time.

Rushed weight training :
a. 15 minutes on cardio wave at level 10,11 and 12. Can still burn about 140 calories, not bad. Hahaha.
b. Abductor & Adductor (30kg, 25kg,20kg)
c. Chest press (15kg, 12.5kg, 10kg)
d. Lat pulldown (27kg, 20kg, 14kg)
e. 30 sit ups, 20 situps butterfly style
f. Triceps extension (15kg,12.5kg, 10kg) <--- amazing! Last time when I had PT, I remember I was struggling at 15kg. Maybe my triceps *are* getting stronger... *hopeful*

By then it was 8:20pm! So I rushed off to True Yoga... only to find out that the next class is actually at 8:45pm. @#$@#$ Like that I could've done more squats or shoulders or something... hahaha. More sit ups!

Anyway, Hot Yoga is bloody torturous. After more than 6 months of not doing it, everything seems super unusual to me and I really can't bend to save my life. Everytime I think that I'm giving it all I've got, the instructor (Mahesh) always found a way to twist me that much more.

I'm still hating the triangle poses and the warrior poses that merge into "Flying pose". T___T I was ready to die then. Once he started the sequence of bend back -> to the front -> downward dog, etc.. I became calmer because this was more familiar ground. Not that I suddenly became a yoga master, but I made less of a fool of myself, hahaha.

There's one pose I think is madness... stretch out your leg 90 degrees to the front and then hold on to the toe with the arm on the same side... then you slowly turn your body so that the leg is 90 degrees to the side instead of to the front.. sigh..

No doubt you can sweat a lot in Hot Yoga... I'm determined to make this a weekly thing, and despite all my suffering today... I think that I *have* increased flexibility despite not going for yoga all this while. I think the key to doing yoga properly is to have a flat stomach wtf. Cos then you can bend more... without rolls and rolls of fat blocking your way. Hahahaha!

0 comments: