CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Day 65

I confess! I woke up late again today, and missed Body Attack with Jason. But never fear because he will be teaching at Jaya 33 tomorrow! And guess what? I think his class in Taipan was cancelled la. Cos I went up 15 minutes before the class ended and there was no one there! :P So I guess the extra minutes of sleeping were worth it after all. :P

While waiting for Body Jam with Shirlyn to start, this industrious Leech went around trying various machines. I worked out :
a) 3 sets bicep curl @ 10kg
b) 3 sets tricep extension @ 10kg
c) 1 set shoulder press @ 10kg (stopped only because I realised with horror that I didn't do any cardio before doing weight training. I only did it anyway because I had time to waste).

It was then time for Body Jam... mix of old and new. The only new stuff we did was the last performance track (the one with the heel-toe jumps... erm... the Sexual Healing one) and the Beautiful Liar cool down. Otherwise, everything else was from the 2nd last release. The one with "James Brown hands", Fergalicous, Cassie's Long Way To Go, etc. I am looking back and wondering why I ever thought of Body Jam as a "filler" class. You know, the kind of class that you can easily go for after Body Step / Combat / Attack because "it's not as high impact". Rubbish! The crazy steps nowadays take a hell lot of stamina. And what's this cardio club thing, has you jumping around like a jackrabbit. @_@

It was a hella enjoyable class anyway. Shirlyn is a super smiley person.

Then it was time for Personal Training with my illustrious trainer. It was 30 minutes on the crosstrainer for me before seeing him, and this was our workout today :
a) 3 sets of hip adduction (22.5kg, 10kg, 5kg for 16, 18 and 20 reps)
b) 3 sets of hip abduction (as above)
c) 3 sets of squats (16 reps each)
d) 3 sets of chest press (10kg, 7.5kg, 5kg for 16, 18 and 20 reps)
e) 3 sets of pectoral fly (as above)
f) was supposed to do biceps and triceps again! I told him I already did in the morning so we reverted to 50reps x 2 of sit ups and lower abs workout.

He then tried to convince me to take on more pt lessons. I gave him my politically-correct reasons why I didn't want to anymore. Then I said that Sundays were the day to do the body fat analyzer thing. He said, "Buat apa saya nak measure bila you tak nak ambil lebih session?" (what for I wanna measure when you not taking extra session). Damn wtf right! Maybe that's his knee-jerk response, so I said, "Eh, I still paid for the existing one ok and I intend to keep measuring every Sunday until my session ends." So of course he had to concede.

Then he kept saying that sure I gained fats and what not because the past week I had skipped two of his PT sessions. One was because I had my period ok. 2nd reason was because it was my birthday and I had no intention of seeing his make-me-buy-more-sessions face. Anyway, I was superbly confident that I did NOT gain weight, mainly because --- heck, look at this blog la. Although I skipped two of his PT, I went to the gym hella lots of times. And I even did that 5 class marathon. AND I did not neglect weight training even when I was taking lots of classes. Or maybe its the hot yoga sessions that are helping...

So guess what? In the end of cos the results showed that I LOST WEIGHT and LOST FAT and my fat percentage is now 20.7%. Apparently athletic level is 18%, so I registered as "low fat mass". Even lower than the recommend levels for ladies, which is 21-25%. AND I lost FAT (not muscle) from my trunk and legs. I am now less than 2kg away from my dream weight... =) =) =)

You know what that illustrious trainer of mine said? He said, "This shows I'm a good trainer." Wtf. After he was sooooooo convinced that I had gained fats from skipping two of his classes. I just didn't say anything la. Anyway, not to say that he hasn't helped me at all. I have learned the importance of weight training with him, but above all, all his politically-incorrect, sometimes bordering on rude comments motivated me MORE to work out on my own. Going for training with him makes me count the days until the training ends so that I can work out on my own.

Today to further "convince" me that I should take more personal training, he pointed out some random girl running on the threadmill. And he said that "you know this girl? She always go for classes only. I like her body better last time, when she first join. She was big, but toned. Now she's flabby." I was like... -_____- "Did you train her last time?" Answer : "No, I just observed her cos I always notice her." Yalah, mata always wandering around one. I think in the future after I have dropped training with him, he will point me out to his future customers and say, "See her? Damn flabby after dropped training with me." I can foresee his kinda actions already. -___-

I was going to say, "THIS FURTHER MOTIVATES ME TO WORK OUT LIKE CRAZY AND BE SUPER FIT AND TONED." But then I know he will still point me out and say, "See? She is toned because of me." Yalah, can foresee. I am clairvoyant, wtf.

Anyway, do I sound bitter and angry? I'm not... just like I said... this guy doesn't know how to retain customers. Even after the chart was printed out and showed so clearly that I lost body fat, he still like tak tau baca and insisting that I gained. After like 3 years only conceded. I suggest to the managers of any fitness center to ensure all their trainers know how to read charts and such before letting them train anyone. I will not forgive the two morons from FF and TF who called me obese wtf. This blog should be called 'yisoobese.blogspot.com'.

And guess what? When I signed up that time, they say give free session, free session. Poda la! When the session is coming to an end only they inform that the free sessions are the same as the "free training" given when you sign up to the gym. Meaning the sessions will be for you to familiarise yourself with the machines, and not following the fitness program tailored for you to achieve your goal. -____- Ya, they tell you that when they want you to sign up for another round of personal training.

At point of writing, the trainer has conveniently forgotten that he owes me free session, whether it's to familiarise self with machines or otherwise. But you know what? I don't care la. I just don't want to go for training WITH HIM (or any of his friends) anymore.

0 comments: