CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 19, 2007

Day 69

I forgot to mention yesterday that during Hot Yoga, when I started sweating, all the Counterpain that I had generously applied to my legs also sweated off, resulting in very slippery legs. Hahaha! Most tragic thing ever. Do you know how difficult it is to hold a pose, and then when you try to brace yourself against your limb, you freaking slip off? @_@ No wonder got uncles laughing at me. -___-

Today, I gingerly went for Body Jam (Jason's class --- it is a must go!) despite my legs still feeling achey and my butt and lower back still feeling sore. I have been complaining non-stop to office-pantry-gym-buddy Raymond. "How the hell am I supposed to know it's not a good idea to start my leg extensions set @ 50lb la!" Raymond : "Try 40lb next time lor, what to do."

Jason's class was superb as usual --- despite him always threatening, "you all do la, I just watch!" he will definitely join in the fun. Loads of energy - his Jam classes are the noisiest in Taipan, TF! And seriously, his class is ALWAYS the most packed, even at the not-so-peak-hour of 6:30pm - 7:30pm. (Peak hour is 7-something onwards right, do you agree?) He started the class off with the warm-up track from the latest release (including Tambourine), and for the rest of the class he did "singles" instead of performance tracks. Awww.

We had Scandalous (I missed this one! But doing this reminded me about Sexy which has really nice choreo as well), Candyman (freaking difficult! But at least I can get SOME of the parts right now instead of EVERYTHING wrong), Hips Don't Lie (awesome! love this!), I Need To Know (this is like a signature song for Jason to do... he really likes this track! The box step takes some getting used to, but the choreo is very nice for this song, I really hope I can learn it and learn it well in time), did part of the performance track from the previous release (the one with the step that looks like ginga but ISN'T), we did a song that he classified as "disco" (it's a very popular song, cute choreo -- the name escapes me!) in anticipation of the next release in mid-Dec which apparently has HUGE emphasis on disco (I'm excited!!) and another track which involves lots of kicking... this one I haven't do before. Needs huge stamina and high concentration! Finished the class with Beautiful Liar... *phew*

Oh we had Umbrella for recovery, thanks Jason! =) It's the best recovery track ever. (getting more and more kua cheong)

Had PT after that, and again, this time the trainer was v. nice to me again. So I feel semi-bad for all the grouses I have up here. But I need to re-read those grouses lest he makes me feel bad and makes me think that I should purchase more PT sessions! No more PT! I will keep my reasons to myself (and bitch with Pauline and Raymond), but don't want to spread it out to the whole wide world.

Started the workout with 30 minutes on the crosstrainer. Yay, I can really last quite a bit on it! Travelled 4.15 (miles? kilometers?) according to the machine, which is really much more than previous outings. Usually I can't even hit 4! My speed is now from the 8 - 9 (mph? kph?) levels... really feel quite proud of myself! After that, we had :
a. 3 sets of leg press (15kg, 12.5kg, 10kg). This was easy peasy for me
b. 2 sets of lunges (17 reps and 20 reps, both legs)
c. 3 sets of adduction (50lb, 30lb, 15lb). This was alright for me! How come hip adduction I can do 50lb but for leg press cannot do 50lb? This is preposterous!
d. 3 sets of the arm row thingy. (10kg, 7.5kg, 5,kg). The first set was tough, the rest was alright.
e. 3 sets of some back pulldown thingy. As above, but this was too easy. Should've started at 15kg instead of 10kg.
f. 3 sets of yet another back extension thingy. As above.

And thus ends another PT session! I don't really feel like I'm pushing myself enough. That 50lb thing for the leg extension was really pushing myself. The above exercises were alright, but ... I felt like I have started to plateau.... must increase the resistance!

Tomorrow is Saturday Jaya33 Marathon day. Join me? The outing won't be as tough as my first marathon there. The plan is :
8.00 - 8.45 am : Swimming!
---- break for light shower, change + breakfast! ----
10:15 - 11:15am : Body Combat with Delon
11:30 - 12:30pm : Body Attack with Jason
12:45 - 1:45pm : Dance Mania with Danny
---- break for lunch and adventuring, wtf ----
3:15 - 4:15pm : Body Step with Roland
4:30 - 5:30pm : Body Jam with Su Lin

Actually, I'm not so sure if I can make it for BC and Body Attack. If I don't feel up to it, I'll just take a longer breakfast and then work out on chest, abs and arms. =B

0 comments: