CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Day 73

Hehehe... I am about 80% exhausted at the moment. Guess I managed to almost hit my target of COMPLETELY exhausting myself. Seriously, I'm falling asleep at the PC, but I gotta blog this just to keep track of my exercise schedule.

As planned, I went for Dance Mania --- even though I knew it would be Ms My-class-is-non-stop Meei. :P Seriously, it was 45 minutes straight of non-stop dancing to some pop tunes. She said it was not as strenuous compared to last week, but I can't really tell! Still quite complicated, hope can challenge the Australian ladies she used to teach. =p

Here's the choreo:
-> Skip 4 counts to the front, left arm goes up twice. Skip back 4 counts, right arm goes up twice.
-> 4 jumping jacks
-> 4 alternate knees
-> 4 alternate punches
-> Speedball to the right 4 counts. Speedball to the left 4 counts. Repeat.
-> Jungle arms! 8 times. (seriously my arms damn sore now cannot even demo to myself)
-> 3 step side-step, 4 times
-> Boogie on the spot for 8 counts.
-> Lunges 4 times, then spin to your right. Lunges 4 times, spin to your left. Repeat twice.
-> Side swing 8 times.
-> Walk to the front, kick out left leg. Walk to the back, kick out right leg. Repeat twice.
-> [[getting blur at this point]] Sidle to the front 4 counts with right arm waving, switch to left side for four counts, go back 8 counts. Repeat twice.
-> Throw your hands in the air for 4 counts, chest pump 4 counts.
REPEAT TIL DIE.

That is always the formula --- REPEAT TIL DIE! This time we can go for 45 minutes non-stop, according to Meei, is a wonderful achievement considering this is only her 2nd class with us! To be honest, I thought that the class would be pretty empty because not many people showed enthusiasm for the non-stop moving that we did last week. But today was quite crowded! Good on ya, mates!

After that, we repeated the same choreo, but different styles! We did ultra-feminine with Stars Are Blind, then robotic with Sexy/Back (I LOVED THIS, SO AWESOME! SO COOL!!), then reggae with Umbrella. Was a wonderful class!

Since I got quite fond of Meei's classes, I decided to go for the Halloween Thriller Tour class that they were having today @ Taipan instead of heading home / weight training. Well, the style of the class is like the Dance Mania, but with less steps, but they are MUCH more technical and more DRAMA! Also NEARLY non-stop movement, only got 30 second drink breaks! Like two of em! Anyway, it was quite fun.... as usual, not many of the members took part in the theme! In fact, there was only 2, and of coz they won the prizes. YES PEOPLE, THERE ARE PRIZES TO BE WON. Are you enticed now?

Actually, I *did* want to take part in the theme, but donno la, felt so kiasu if I do so since I already won before for another theme. If I took part, I really wanna go all out and really dress as something gory that will seriously scare the shit out of the huge guys that are benchpressing, perhaps even make them wanna stop benchpressing and try to kill the monstrous being that has infiltrated the gym. It's not about winning a prize, but about DRESSING UP. Anyway congrats to today's winners for daring to actually show up in a costume!

I really wish that the theme was something easier. Ya know, it's already difficult to get people to theme (at the moment), so to encourage them you need to take baby steps! Scary costume to the gym is a bit daunting right? If just plain Halloween theme, then you can see me in my nurse outfit. Mwahhahaha...

I'm not kidding, I do own a nurse outfit:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No full length unless you pay me money (wtf).
Actually, no full length til I modify it to proper levels of decency.

Back to the story - sweated so much in the gym that my t-shirt became two tone (one dark with sweat, the light part because there was my pants underneath...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Thus ends todays workout. Was thinking of going to Jaya33 for Body Combat, but it has been replaced with the Halloween Thriller Tour. Should I go there again? :P Don't want la unless I'm actually theme-dressing and now there's no time to do so. Sigh sigh sigh, why do I always leave things to the last minute! Guess I'll just go for Hot Yoga and some weight training tomorrow at Taipan... =]

Very sad because I cannot marathon this Saturday. Have to meet up with friend for something important. Well, can't neglect friends just because of gym right? Friends must still have a higher priority. =)

By the way, I think that we should not just keep having theme dressing for DANCE classes. So far it's been Line Dance, Body Jam and Latin Fusion Dance that have themes! How about Body Combat or Body Attack? Won't the guys feel left out if they don't get to play dress-up as well? HAHAHHAA! And no, the themes during launches doesn't count because that one is too easy already (usually just a color theme).

Lastly... found out what Jazzercise is being replaced with. It's a new class called Cardio Defense, and will start from 1st November onwards. They've also started a new class called Boot Camp Training that will replace BLT. Interested? Definitely to cater to the male members of the gym! To be honest, Taipan is seriously one of the more female-friendly gyms around. We have our own workout area, and most of the group x classes are dance classes. Heheheh. That's why I love it here.

0 comments: