CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Day 61

Guess what? I finally did it! People of Jaya 33, get ready cuz whether you like it or not, a slimy creature called Leech will be joining all of you. =B

Yes, yes, I finally upgraded! The total plan was not totally beneficial to me, but I guess it's somewhat fair also la. *sulks* I got lots of free stuff though, so that's good. Anyway, the important thing is that I can start gymming tomorrow at Jaya 33 also if I choose to do so. Omg, why am I so stupid, I forgot to take the October schedules!

The reasons why I decided to upgrade :
+ over the long haul, it's cheaper. MUCH cheaper
+ free parking also, like Taipan
+ on the way home from work, toll is cheaper by RM1.60. ;p
+ schedulling differences. I usually skip Tues - Thurs because there's a lack of classes that I like / can make it in time for. Now I can gym practically EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK, omg!
+ certain classes being available there e.g: Dance Mania, MTV Jam (I know they have it in Taipan too, but the timing is totally out for me)
+ schedule for weekends is nicer at Jaya 33
+ the swimming pooooooooool!!!
+ the people!

Good enough for me la. Especially the cheaper part! Anyway, I will probably start Jaya 33 workout tomorrow.

Anyway, remember me saying that there's no Dance Mania in Taipan? Well I just found out today that Body Jam (before this was with Farah) is now replaced with Dance Mania with Ernest. Haha... so now I can do Dance Mania on Tuesdays and Saturdays! *happy* I don't know why I'm so into dance anyway since I'm not good at it. But I reckon that at least I have somewhat a sense of rhythm. I get quite annoyed with people who seemingly don't even bother keeping count (or at least, sense the beat in the music) when dancing. I don't mean to sound like a picky person and when I dance, I do aim to have fun and I don't care about the "itty bitty" perfectionist techniques. But keeping count isn't itty bitty! It's like, a main component in dance! Otherwise why go for class to learn choreo? Dance in the room also can lose calories what. Then you can move to whatever beat it is that you're hearing.

But I digress, the class was quite different from Danny's one. Not saying which is better, though. :P Ernest's class had stronger movements ... more hip hop I reckon. The songs that he played ... sounds Korean / Japanese, I don't really know. When we're learning the steps, he would play Play That Funky Music , White Boy. Hahah, that's a really nice song to dance to actually.

Too many face-offs though. I hate face-offs because I can't look at myself in the mirror. And people get confused because the instructor is no longer their mirror image. Etc etc etc. Hell breaks loose.

But it was still a very fun class! I really enjoyed myself, really got a good workout there. Eager to come back next week and see what's next.

Did 15 minutes on the cardio wave, listening to my ipod. Realised that I have to update my workout playlist, as I used to choose songs suitable for running. Apparently even Enrique Iglesias's Escape is good for running. (Actually, if you think about it, during the chorus, it's a very run-nable song! Try it before you diss it!) A really good song for the cardio wave is Welcome to the Jungle by Guns & Roses. You do your usual thang on the cardio wave, and during the chorus, you can lean forward (butt jut out) and then squat lower to work on the thighs. Fuuh! Another super good workout here. After 15 minutes I'm perspiring all over, like I just came out of Hot Yoga...

Finally, time for conditioning. Not much because I didn't have much time.
a. 100 sit-ups (50 normal, 50 butterfly style)
b. 30 push-ups (no tricep push-ups, mainly because I STILL DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO IT)
c. 3 sets of bicep curls
d. 3 sets of tricep extensions

Tomorrow I'll try to work on the chest and back. =)

0 comments: