CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 22, 2007

Day 72

Psychotic! I went for my 3 back-to-back classes after all! *grin* And again, I'm sitting here feeling completely RESTLESS and still not tired enough! Maybe I didn't go 'all out' enough... but I have 3 shirts completely soaked in sweat... not good enough an indicator? @_@ What is wrong with me? I wanna work out til I get back home and just pengsan onto my bed. Don't wanna think about anything, don't wanna do anything. Just wanna speed the days up until its 2008...

Started my workout with Body Jam (Tina). To be honest, I left after 40 -45 minutes, tell you why later. We had Move Your Body as a warm-up, followed by RanKanKan. Loved it! Had Lolita as recovery, and then did the performance block from BodyJam 38. :( :( :( See my sad face? I really don't like it. I still remember --- think this is the first time they introduced "cardio club" into Body Jam. Dance movements damn complicated and it's damn difficult to find a member who can do the dance perfectly. In FF there were a few la, in TF there are none! Hahaha. The choreo is damn tricky too... Anyway, my new motto is to learn anything and everything, no walking out of the class! I only walked out BECAUSE I wanted to get a good place in the next studio for Body Combat. Yalah, damn kiasu! Unlike 2 weeks before, Tina didn't finish early! In fact by 7:30pm we were just taking a break before Incredible came on. Legged it. =p So that's why I left BodyJam early...

And arrived at the top studio... which was nearly empty! Hahahhaa... my kiasu-ness came to nothing. But at least I got my fave spot in the studio. Dunno why, in FF I loved to stand on the right side, now I'm always on the left. Hmm hmm hmm.

As usual, Terence's class... burned the house down. Hahaha. He had 2 fellow instructors on stage with him --- Adrian & Lorraine. Was a really high-energy class! Loved it! Started with Listen To Your Heart and Trouble... one of my fave warm-up tracks. Then we brought it up a notch with Final Countdown! =) After all that legwork, was afraid that he might do Jigga Jigga or Bagpipes or worse still, one of those new ginga-crazy tracks! Thank god he did Tribal Dance instead! Although still a lot of legwork, there's no jumping kick! Hurrah! Maybe that's why I don't feel that tired out.

Haha, next we have the "split the class into two" track --- Sk8tr Boi. Ahhh.. this one simple choreo, but can be quite intense also. Lots of running up and down. Terence stood in front of me to "encourage" me to punch him... (this is why I always go for his class! Cos only he will entertain me. =p). You know the combo is something like grab-head + punch face + 2 sucker punch to the stomach? He said if I aimed any lower than the stomach then I will kena from him. Muwahahhaa!! Please la, I'm not the "monkey stealing the peaches" kinda person, unlike HIM! Kept on bullying Adrian! XD

Recovery was Call Me (Spagna). This is only my 2nd - 3rd time doing it. It's a really cool song, quite complicated chorey (at first) but then you get the hang of it. Although I won't be doing cross jacks and turnarounds as YET. Buat malu saja!

Muay Thai --- forgot the name of the track. One of the popular recent ones. Happy because I got in a few jumping MT knees. =) My favourite is still "So What!", the most attitude bringin' track! =p Forgot the name of the last track as well. Coincidence? Maybe was a little out of it after that. Conditioning was Sound of the Underground, another triceps-friendly track! Argh! Can't do more than 2... hahaha! And the cool down was one really weird song that I have never done before. Donno what the hell I was doing at this point already.

The next few minutes were horribly embarrassing for me. Was looking around for some machine to work out the abs because all the mats in the floor exercise areas were taken up. Wasted time looking around and around and then finally decided to work out on the 2nd floor since there was going to be Jazzercise there later. But all the machines were like .... freaking broken or something. Couldn't adjust them properly, so why bother doing something that might injure you if you can't get the correct posture and position? I spent my time tinkling away trying to adjust the seats and then walked away. TWO TO THREE TIMES OK! The bloody uncles and kids were looking at me like I was retarded. Perhaps I am!!

By the time I was done, Natasha was already in the studio preparing for Jazzercise. So in I went. =)

I really like Jazzercise! The choreo is simple, and it's damn easy for you to catch on. Perhaps you can brush up the techniques later, but you can get like 85% of it on the first time hearing it! Natasha switches songs quite often, depending on what's popular I guess, and you can really get a good workout if you b-ring it (must say it like the girl in 'Bring It On'). We had LOTS of songs today... among them Watchin' (Freemasons), Everything (Michael Buble... *swoon*), In Your Eyes (Kylie Minogue), Crazy Frog (Axle F), Apache Rocks The Bottom (Scooter)... those are the more identifiable ones for me. Thing about Jazzercise is that for the last 20 minutes or so, it's purely conditioning, and Natasha can get pretty creative in her conditioning exercises! My legs are aching quite a bit now. =\ Anyway, class ended at about 10:25pm... 20 minutes over schedule! But it's good la, we get to learn more right?

But the bad news comes now....
Next week will be Natasha's last class in TF.

!!!!!!

I so regret not giving more support to Jazzercise! I was really into it when it first started, but then I veered off the path that is straight because I got influenced by Neopets! HAHAHAHA! So tragic! Now Natasha says that they might be replacing it with a class that appeals more to the men (our class only had 2 guys today). =( Those who miss her will have to join her classes at Sports Barn near the Rothman's roundabout at section 19 instead.

So support Jazzercise next week! Last time you get to see Natasha around! I talked to her a bit after the class was over... and one of the other members said she remembered seeing me those donkey years ago when they first introduced Jazzercise! Hahaha! See? My dancing terre leh? HAHAHA. To be honest, it's GREAT when someone recognises you because you can get the choreo down pat. This is only my 2nd time kena praised. :P 1st time was by _________ (name not disclosed to protect his famous identity) for Body Combat!

Not bad huh, this Leech!!!

3 comments:

myCoffee said...

Hi! I have discovered your blog by chance. It's nice to meet another gym enthusiast. I am too...., to a certain degree and had often been labelled as a "hardcore" gymner by friends.
Anyway, sounds like your stamina/fitness had improved if you are still seeking for "more" after 3 classes. Maybe you could focus on more high-intensity classes/workouts? Just a suggestion... :)

Leech The Leceh said...

Hey, nice to meet you. :) Now I'm curious, which gym did you join? Hehe, if you're in TF like me I would love to meet a fellow hardcore group x classes enthusiast!

Yup, I think I should go for higher intensity classes instead of going for more and more classes (taking up to much of my time already). But the only other classes I can think of that is higher than what I'm doing is:
- Body Pump (which I don't do because I tend to strain myself TOO much. Ego la, see what other people are carrying then try to attempt the same... which is not good! That's why I try to do weight training alone for the moment. Maybe later when more confident, will go for Body Pump)
- RPM (went for it twice, just didn't see the attraction - sorry RPM enthusiasts! Didn't really like the music that much... and found the studio damn stuffy. One of my friends said he vomitted after his first RPM class ever...!! It's intense indeed... dunno whether I dare to go back after hearing his story!)
- Cardio Wave (I'm still trying to learn by myself how to 'float' properly before I dare to go into this class again! That and try to increase myself from level 5 currently to level 7. But I think higher chance I'll go for this class than the others within the next month or so...)

So ... I am actually gathering my guts to go do those classes! Haha, do tell me what your preferences are in the gym...

myCoffee said...

Hi! I have been a FF member for 3+ years, I think. My home branch is at Consplant (but don't think I have met you there b4) but I'm a passport member now. Too bad you quit FF, otherwise it would be nice to go for classes with you.
I have to confess that I am LM class junkie. My usual classes are BP, RPM, BS and BA. Based on my own perceived exertion and the HRM, the classes that yielded the highest cardio workout is still RPM followed by BA (but depends who is teaching) and also BS (I use the highest board level throughout). Here are some of my suggestions:
-RPM: I encourage you to try RPM again. I used to dislike it when I first started. Actually, till now, I have a love-hate feeling about it but will do attend at least 3-4x weekly. But if you are looking for a really intense cardio workout within a shorter time span (normal class is only about 40-45mins except for RPM Challenge which is a 55-60min class) this is a really good cardio workout class. Of course, the key is also to "ride" it correctly, so to speak....
-BP: This is my default LM class. I have gotten good results from doing this class. Avg about 3 classes a week (to see results, suggest at least 3x/week). I would suggest to start with moderate weights. The right weights are those that you will start to feel fatigue from the 2nd repetition onwards. Be consistent and you will be surprised by what your body can do. For example, I started with 3.5kg (one side) for squats and now I am carrying about 16-17.5kg (one side). But be warned, this BP structure is different from the free weight training (I have done PT before too). Usually, the weights you carry for BP should be substantially lower than your free weights because of the high reps structure in BP. (That's why you hardly see hardcore free-weights guys in BP classes).
-BS: I remember reading that you are already doing this class. To up it on the intensity level, try going 1 level up for the first 4 tracks and then lower it back for the remainder. Once you are comfortable with it, you can increase the level accordingly throughout.
- BodyAttack: It is said that this is the "hardest" of all LM programmes. I agree but it really depends on the instructor and the class environment. You have done the class before, I am sure you know what I mean.
My usual regime is about 90mins of cardio (either combination of any 2 of the cardio-based classes or 1 class combined with about 50-60mins on the stepper). I will also do an extra BP class accordingly.
I hope I haven't bored you with my long winded comments, but like I said, it is nice to share gym experience with another gym enthusiast. Feel free to email me at vthping(at)gmaildotcom if want to comment on anything above.
Till later, Happy "Gym-ning"! ;)