CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Day 68

Grr! I forgot to set my blog to send me e-mail alerts when I get new comments, so I had no idea that people have been commenting here. =) Sookie, thanks for sharing your TF signing up experience, one of my friends also told me that the consultant who tried to sign her up used bad words when trying to get her to come over to the gym. Anyway, I updated my reply to you here. Haha, what were you doing in Coffee Bean Jaya 33 anyway? That place is pretty much dead. The only stores that are open there are : the Japanese and Chinese restaurants (forgot the names), Coffee Bean, Subway and GNC. @_@

Anyway, I was tired today --- actually tired since I went for Dance Mania. Put on Counter pain twice and the next morning, was still aching. Slathered on some more Counter pain before leaving for work. Could barely walk up and down the stairs at work, and silly colleague kept laughing at me. -___- *beef*

As I've mentioned before, nowadays I cannot skip one day of gym without thinking constantly about it! It feels like thousand years without gym if I don't go to Taipan / Jaya 33 for a day, wtf. So I decided the best thing to do when my leg muscles are aching like crazy ... is to... go for yoga. =) Thursdays are now synonymous with Hot Yoga.

Let me clear up some stuff I've mentioned about Yoga in Jaya 33 first. :)
The Yoga area which consists of 2 studios are located at the furthest furthest end of the 1st floor (the highest floor. The one below I'll call as "ground floor" ok?). It is quite a big area, the waiting area is humongous, and decorated tastefully. Indeed the sounds from the workout area outside are muffled at the waiting area, and inside the studio, the outside noise is totally non-existent. The waiting area is larger than the studio, or just as big, Pauline said that it was a waste of space. But in the first place, Jaya33 is still a new place, so they don't have as many classes. 2 studios is enough for this place at the moment, cos the classes aren't packed yet.

(I'm not a yoga expert, I'm just speaking in layman's terms on the area and what not. For classes or who is a better yoga instructor, pls don't look at me. I cannot give any comments. It's good enough that I can even follow 20% of what the instructor is saying. )

For Taipan, this is my first time FULLY utilising True Yoga. Before this, when I went for Gentle Yoga, I left my stuff in the main building, then walked over to True Yoga. The 2nd floor waiting area is large, and I think they have 2 studios in the 2nd floor. On the 1st floor is the Hot Yoga studio. Yes, it is separated from the other studios, this is a really good idea. As I mentioned before, after Hot Yoga, you will seriously be SOPPING wet from your sweat. As you step out of the studio, it will be freezing cold and you will be shivering like a leaf all the way back to the changing room. In Jaya 33, you have to walk a fair bit in the air-conditioned gym before you reach the changing room, with your wet & stinky clothes sticking to your body. For Taipan, the Hot Yoga studio is located on the same floor as the changing room, so you don't have to walk as far. Also, the waiting area for the Hot Yoga studio is small BUT nicely heated (heat permeating out from within the studio??), so once out of the class, it is cooler than inside the studio, but still warm so you don't feel cold. It's a short walk to the changing room. Nice!!

So my conclusion is that I prefer the workout area for Hot Yoga in Taipan compared to Jaya 33. But Jaya 33's one does have its perks as well... I think that by having the yoga area in the same building, it encourages one to try yoga more than if it was separated into another building. That's just my laziness talking. After all, I tried hot yoga when I joined Jaya33, but had no inclination before in Taipan! Maybe that's Pauline's influence...

Anyway, Hot Yoga has helped my left leg regain conciousness, but my right leg is still screaming in pain. The yoga instructor twisted my body into shapes it has not known before. I heard my bones creak twice, but he still persisted. T_T

That's all for today. Must get loads of rest in anticipation of torture (training) tomorrow. Perhaps I will go for BC as well!!

0 comments: