CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Day 76

Sunday turned out to be the Marathon Day instead, since I had a social life to attend to on Saturday. :) Quite sad cos I had to miss Dance Mania, you donno me la, was thinking 300x whether I really want to miss Dance Mania or not. But I reckoned that if I didn't meet up with my friend on Saturday, then really I don't think I'll ever see her, cos she's only free on Saturdays!

So this whole week didn't get to swim, and didn't get to go Jaya33 even. What a waste!

Today's workout started with Body Combat with Jun Yin. He also had Emma to assist him (first time saw her, she's cool, tell ya why later). As usual, Jun Yin's favorite tracks are all from BC #30 and BC #32. It was nice also la, because those were the releases where I started skipping BC, so I had to relearn everything again. :P Also, Jun Yin let me punch him ler, another BC instructor who is willing to be my personal target. :) :) :) *heart*heart*heart*

Oh ya, the reason why I like Emma ... ! Cos thanks to her I finally figured out how to do the conditioning for BC #32 - Fergie's Here I Come. Muwahahhaa... "I know it sounds rude, but pretend that you're a dog..." =)

After that was Body Jam with Jason. Nice tracks as usual - started off with Canned Heat and Buttons. Followed that up with two Latin back-to-back tracks. The Hips Don't Lie and Boom Boom one, and then the latest one featuring John Legend Don't you Worry Bout A Thing and J.Lo's Let's Get Loud. We then did the performance track from Friday (Drop It Like It's Hot, etc etc). Very fun class! There are more regulars in Jason's class than any other Jam class in Taipan I THINK.

Stop for lunch, followed it with Body Attack with Jason. Since I'm not familiar with Body Attack tracks, just have to say that this time he didn't do all the new releases .. *sob* The first few tracks were from either 1 or 2 releases prior (not so sure), the only new releases he did that I recognised were Apache Rocks the Bottom! and Layla. Oh ya, we did Jamelia's Beware of the Dog --- triceps friendly workout! Ok, I know I still suck very much at triceps pushups, but I think I'm really getting better. Seriously! At least I could do something like 60% instead of 10% this time. =p *unnecessarily proud of self*

Self-done personal training after that : -
1) 20 minutes on Cardio Wave machine @ level 6. Moved 7.14km, if machines can be believed!
2) Lunges using bodyweight. 16, 18, 20 reps on each leg
3) Hip adduction (50lb,40lb,30lb)
4) Hip abduction (as above)
5) Chest press (12.5kg, 10kg, 7.5kg)
6) Pectoral fly for deltoids (10kg, 7.5kg, 5kg)
7) Back deltoids row (10kg, 7.5kg, 5kg)
8) 50 situps
9) 50 butterfly chest lift
10) Bicep curls (10kg,7.5kg, 5kg)
11) Triceps extension (as above --- couldn't increase weights for biceps cos triceps still struggling)

Quite a thorough workout today! =) BTW, so far I have seen two people faint while working out at TF.. hahaha. What drama for the gym! :D

2 comments:

myCoffee said...

Sounds like you had a good gym marathon day. Haha. Beware! The signs of a gym-addict includes cancelling other plans so that you won't get to miss gym! That happens to me sometimes. I will actually start to fret if I have to forgo my usual gym session in favour of other plans... ;-p
To answer your question, I have been joining BP since it was first launched in FF which was like probably 3 years ago? Before that, there was another rather similar class that works with dumbbells instead of barbells that is called SCULPT. I joined RPM probably a year after that. Initially, RPM was a total turn-off to me. It seems more like a "torture" class to me then. But as my fitness level increased, I started to look for more cardio-challenge alternatives and there's no doubt that RPM is one of the best alternative!
Ya, your friend sounded like me in the early gym days. I remember my gym mates always asking me whether have I "just arrived" as I was leaving gym, because I looked as "dry" as when I arrived. *LOL* But now, I sweat like nobody's business, even to the point of sweat dripping down my legs and soaking my socks entirely (yuck!).
What are you planning to do at the gym tonight? For me, I am just planning to attend the RPM and BS class back-to-back. One thing I can't do at the gym is working out past 830pm, unless I absolutely needed to.

Leech The Leceh said...

Hahhaa.. I don't want to end up a gym addict at the sake of my social life! That's why I'm trying to get my friends to join the gym also, so that we can be addicts together! At the moment, after marathon I always lunch alone some more. Nice if I have a group of friends to lunch / supper with also mar. Although one thing about my gym kakis is that we should be MOTIVATING each other to eat healthier, but after every gym session, we pig out like mad!

Wow... so that means I have to take BP for 3 years before I can lift as much as you.. @_@ Hahhaa.. I can't start your workout this week la. I am finally feeling tired after gymming almost 5 - 6 times a week. Seriously, you are like the 'pioneer students' of BP... hahaha! I didn't even know that before BP it was called 'Sculpt'!

My goodness, RPM & BS back-to-back... !! I was thinking of RPM and BC back-to-back, in the end decided not to. Hehehe. THink I will *finally* try RPM tomorrow. Hope that my trainer won't give anything too torturous after that! Oh ya, that reminds me! There was one time my trainer was working out with me near the RPM studio, and then he said bitchily, "I think those pple who join RPM are death la! For what they need to pasang the music so loud!" The energy inside the studio is amazing la! Not just the music that is loud, but the sound of the members shouting and the instructor blaring out instructions to "increase resistanceeeeeeee!!!"... super intimidating! :P

Actually, I don't like to work out so late either. But ever since the gym started to introduce later classes (i.e: 9.30 - 10.30pm), I also felt compelled to go for the classes... haiyoh, not enough sleep cannot wake up for work the next day. @_@