CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 15, 2007

Day 66

It's great having friends who know you so well.... it means that you don't have to waste any time explaining yourself!! Ya, I woke up late for Body Combat with Alex C today. ;p ;p ;p So much for my marathon again ya! I had half a mind to skip because I felt sooooo punctured from all the gymming of late. Yes - I feel great - undeniably so - but what's the point of going for more classes / running / etc if my legs are screaming in pain?!?!

But I dragged myself off to the gym anyway. You know why? Cos the previous day Pauline sms-ed me asking me what nice classes there were at the gym and I replied arrogantly, "BC with Alex C at 10am. Come early and join me swimming @ 8am!" Wahpiang...

In the end, I woke up at 8am shivering like mad! Was raining the night before, and that made leaving the cosy bed even more difficult. =p I kept resetting my alarm until I woke up with a start at 9:50am! Late for BC!!

If you review the time-tables for Monday's classes, you'd notice that Alex C seems to have invented a travel portal of some sort in order to enable him to go to Taipan from Jaya 33 in less than 15 minutes. However, I can attest that it can be done... if you drive like the devil and traffic is light and easy. Like, say during a public holiday? 0:-p

I was still late though, but by 15 minutes or so! They were already in the middle of the horrendous ginga-crazy track. I was wondering if I should go in or not because the class was pretty darn crowded (not 6 people only like in Taipan) and I was scouting to see where Pauline was. Then Alex came out of the studio and asked me to go in, never mind that it was quite packed. :P :P :P

So I completed the rest of the 40 minutes in the class, which wasn't that tough because I had already missed most of the power tracks. =p We still had the circle track (forgot the name already, one of the popular ones), did We Rock (yes, again!), had the "jump" song for recovery (how it can be recovery when you are jumping around, I'll never know), did the same final power track as on Saturday. Alex keeps promoting it as the "shortest final track ever, at only 3 minutes and 40 seconds." Did I get that right? Anyway, it has insane speedball la, dun care whether its 3 minutes or 5 minutes, my arms think it is 30 minutes! Conditioning and cool down was same as Saturday's one. *phew*

After that, Pauline suggested we trail him to Taipan to do another BC session? Girl are you crazy?!!?!!? I wanted to die already, its a miracle that I even showed up in Jaya33. My main motive, aside from the ego from boasting to Pauline was to get my coffee maker. =p

ANYWAY.
I *did* go swimming after all. =) After BC and a light shower, went up to the pool and it was gloriously empty. 4 of us (3 girls and 1 guy) dominated the pool, and all of us were super serious in our swimming. Well, earlier there was one aunty who hung by the side of the pool trashing like a fish out of water. Made doing laps a bit difficult, but she went away soon after. In total, I swam up and down the pool 10 times. That makes it... 5 laps? in 35 minutes? HAHAHAHA. YA, there was a horrible lot of resting in between. For goodness sake, I forgot how difficult it was to do laps. The last time I swam SERIOUSLY was when I was 10 years old, and only because I had to take swimming lessons.

In case you're interested, my swimming lessons ended prematurely, me only having learnt :
a. the breast-stroke aka frog kick
b. freestyle
c. backstroke

But I can only do (a). I never did get a hang of the other two, especially not (c). My instructor said that I had an innate lack of trust in him because I couldn't even float on my back for more than 20 seconds before sinking like a stone.

If you're still impressed by the number of laps I did, don't be. The swimming pool is not Olympic size. It is 20m short of being the normal length of an Olympic size swimming pool. =p But it's ok la, if I can't even swim 30m without being out of breath, for what harap for an Olympic size pool. Either way, it was damn nice and relaxing to swim in the pool in the 11:30am sun. Fooh. Love this gym. =p

That's all for today. *REALLY* need to rest tomorrow because I have run out of gym shorts. Wtf.

P.s: Thanks to ST for the coffee maker... you really kept your promise! :) And no thanks to Giggs for trying to steal my coffee maker away... grr!!

2 comments:

Yenli said...

luckily you girls didn't tail Alex. Adrian replaced him today.

Leech The Leceh said...

helloo there! ya, I think that there's a scheduling error. Alex C had Body Pump class in Jaya 33 after BC! I don't think he can be in two places at the same time...

Adrian's class is not bad... must support all the new BC instructors... :]

Hope to see you around..!!