CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Day 74

Today is my day to relax... since they are having Halloween Thriller Tour at Jaya33, I couldn't go there for Wednesday-Combat. Decided to shift Hot-Yoga-Thursday to Hot-Yoga-Wednesday instead. ;) Am feeling really good about myself, all relaxed and ache-free, slightly sleepy. Hot Yoga on Weds is much more popular than on Thursday! Class was packed to the max. I think its because Kishore's enunciation is much better than Sony's. Perhaps the best out of all the teachers! (So far that I have encountered, and I have encountered maybe 3 - 4 only, haha!). Kishore is also an expert yoga teacher, taught some really strange stuff that I didn't get to try before. Like rocking on the mat using my belly (legs and arms in the air) and then holding my ankles and then rolling left and right on my belly again. Hahahha!

Think he could tell straightaway that I'm a n00b. At first I thought he asked that because of my n00b looking face, but perhaps its because I didn't bring a towel and I wore shorts! =P Ya ya, I should get some proper gym clothes. One of these days lah.

Some things I found funny while doing Hot Yoga today:
a. Kishore took a look at the floor after I've dripped sweat all over it and said, "You can cause an accident with this." OKOK I will bring a towel next time. :P
b. Was doing a back stretch when instructor came and said, "Straighten your shoulders" and proceeded to twist my back! I tell you the ::crack:: sound that came out, I think the whole class can hear! I was also damn mortified, didn't know I was so "not loosened up".
c. Instructor looked at me and said, "Stop arching your spine." How to arch one's spine?? I have a naturally arched spine? Hahaha. I couldn't stop cos I didn't even know how I started.
d. After helping me to stand on my shoulders, he sees my stressed face and says, "And can we smile as well?" Hahaha! I beamed cheesily. And you know what's so humiliating? My shirt came down la because I wear those huge shirts of mine. And he helped me tuck my shirt into my shorts since I was standing on my shoulders. Huhuhu... thank God this is Yoga. Any other instructor try to tuck my shirt in for me will get s-lapped.
e. When doing the warrior pose, he says to me, "Stretch in front, don't crease your forehead." HAHA. My God, really feel like I was doing performance... the right expression must be there...

Damn nice la his class! Wish I can go for it! Should it be Hot Yoga Wednesdays or Body Combat Wednesdays now?

Oh my God, I'm so impressed with mycoffee's weekly workout! Serious, you are superb! I felt so zhi bei after reading about your schedule. RPM 3 times a week? Body Pump 3 times a week? I WILL DIE!! I want to feel tired so that I'll sleep easier, but I don't want to die! It's so possible that althought we were both home members, we didn't see each other much, cos I always avoid those two classes! Hehehe! Seriously, the more I reread your comment, the more astounded I feel... really curious to start BP and RPM again.... see how! Yup yup, Body Attack is so-called the most challenging, but I still think BP and RPM is even more challenging!

After your comment, I feel like going for RPM tomorrow! Will update and see how it goes! =)
And 90 minutes cardio? Woman, you are really a hardcore gym-mer! :D I do 45 minutes also praising myself endlessly already.

2 comments:

myCoffee said...

Oh no, I hope I did not come across sounding as if I am "superfit". I am not, there's still quite a lot I can do to improve my fitness level not to mention the fact that I could make do with losing a couple of pounds of body fat. This is the irony of being a foodie and a "gym-ner" at the same time. But the bottom line is I felt I have done a lot in terms of personal achivement in fitness. To be frank with you, I was a totally un-fit person when I first started gym. It took me about 6 mths before I could start to "sweat" while working out at the gym. But one thing I learned is that to keep on challenging your body for it will surely adapt. However, be wary of over-exhausting it. Sports injury is really something you would want to avoid.
Looking forward to more gym posts from you! :)

Leech The Leceh said...

Hehe, I will definitely still think you are superfit! What are your gym goals anyway, aside from lowering body fat percentage? How long have you been doing BP and RPM? Since you joined the gym? Hehe, I hope I'm not freaking you out with all the questions.

Hey, you are really like my friend Pauline, she also says she finds it difficult to "sweat", which is why she quit FF to join TF! Cos TF has "Hot Yoga", the ultimate sweating class, heh! For me, sweat damn easily, that's why even a class like Body Jam also can be a satisfying work out for me. =p Yup, definitely don't wanna get injured. First time I did BP, I ended up unable to go to the gym for 1 week! Couldn't walk up the stairs at the office, and could barely put my hands above my head some more!

You know what, you really inspire me with your workout. Next week I will try to incorporate BP & RPM into my gym schedule. Fingers crossed that I survive! :P