CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Day 272

Again, left work late so I arrived at the gym way after Body Combat has started. (By the way --- I'm at Celebrity Fitness again. :P ) Spied for a while before deciding to go shopping, they are still doing new tracks! I'm really astonished... I thought Celebrity launched the new tracks earlier as well?

I got to go for Brancy's Step Intro class ... yay to being a n00b again! Not to boast or whatever, but I'm most definitely not a n00b level Body Step-per, so I expected myself to breeze through Brancy's class. I was already shocked when I found that this class, we would be using TWO step boards (how can it be an INTRO class and yet use TWO boards like ADVANCED step!!?). And honestly, I think the step boards in Celeb Fitness SUCKS! It's hard for me to explain how it is like, but first of all, their lowest option is even lower than the normal boards in TF or FF and it's SOOOOO unstable. Perhaps I'm not used to the board, or because it's my first time using two boards, but this is the first time I fell from the board / the board fell apart during the class. Hahaha.. the way I wrote that out sounds like I am a real "heavy" weight who crashed the board, but nothing like that ok. The top part of the board SLID off. Brancy herself said, "Oh.. I think something's wrong with that board.." -__-

Anyway, Step Intro is really more difficult than Body Step... not just because we use two boards, but because the steps are more dance-like... so it's not very standard knees / kicks all the way. The choreo was something like :
Stomp and jump across the board, step with the other leg across and do an "elvis", knee and then jump back across the board. Step around the world, double stagger on the left, double stagger on the right and then step down and mambo with the opposite leg and cha-cha-cha to the next board. Turn and step back and quick step twice, before going to part (b)

(b)
Single knee, single knee, double knee and turn to the end of the board. Mambo with right, mambo with left and then stagger 2 times across the board and step down. Then quickly shift left, right, left and knee before going to part (c)

(c)
Double knee , touch down, knee & jump! Mambo and two leg curls back to the first board and do the "5" step turn. Single tap, single tap, single tap and turn and JUMP across back to the other board.

REPEAT TO INFINITY.

I doubt I'll be able to understand myself one week from now! But anyway, it was very difficult getting even part (a) right, but by the end of the class I was enjoying myself playing with two step boards! It can look very elegant, because at some parts, it's a bit like dancing, what with the mambos and cha-cha-chas. Very nice. Enjoyed myself until I fell off the step board. Luckily I fell elegantly too.. hahaha! (Read : not on backside)

Sadly, this class had very few participants... total opposite of BC. I think there were only 6 of us? Brancy said something like, "This class... very soon will be replaced". So sad! Well, I'm only going to be here for another 10 days, so what say do I have right? Hahahha.

So the praises du jour :
a. I really like this Step Intro class. It's challenging, and it's something different!
b. Can I just say that I love, love, love the people who go to Celebrity Fitness? They are seriously the friendliest people in all the gyms that I've ever gone to. I don't know why! Why ah? Why are you people so friendly and nice? When I fell in the Step class, straightaway one lady behind me help me adjust back my step board. And later, these two ladies help people who were carrying their step board parts back to be stacked... and this is not just a one-off incident ler... the last time I got a free pass, I just had this "feel" that Celeb people are very nice gym goers. Hahaha.

The complaints du jour :
a. I saw a cockroach in the locker room today. T____T I killed it with the hangar...
b. The shower room's water pressure! I seriously don't feel syiok bathing in Celeb Fitness... water pressure goes on and off and at one time was just DRIBBLING ... blehkz.
c. I found the changing room.. there's only ONE!! No wonder the ladies prepare to 'mok sai' in front of everyone.. cannot lah... I am still too shy.. kekkee.

0 comments: