CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Day 265

Very sleepy today, slept in the car again once I arrived in Taipan... couldn't help it. Hahahaa. Raymond says that if this continues, I'm going to become the sleeping legend of Taipan... anyway, I thought I would get a quick workout today, but turned out to take quite long...

Today is weight training day, but I was itchy backside and decided that instead of doing the Cardio Wave thingy alone on the 2nd floor, I should go for the Cardio Wave class! Was super blur, and saw the schedule for Wednesday... thought I would be attending Annie's class. In the end, was pleasantly surprised to see that it was actually Hazrin's class, and I was early enough to attend the back-to-back Cardio Wave sessions. Honestly, I'm quite proud of myself! Back when I first joined TF, and they had these Cardio Wave class thingys, I could BARELY make it out after 20 minutes! Now I'm like the aunty gang who can do these things back to back... super proud yo! And of course, Hazrin was a tres excellente instructor, from him I learned the difference between putting your feet more towards the "inside" of the step or "outside" of the step. It works different parts of your legs! If you put it "outside" and turn your knees out too, then it really works the outer part of your thighs! See, even turning the knees slightly outwards can alter your performance dramatically! Last time, I believe the Personal Trainer told me that I could anyhow place my feet wherever I wanted. Whatever la, should've known better than to listen to him as he probably can't even last 10 minutes on the Cardio Wave machine. *bitter*

Okay, anyway I think Cardio Wave class is quite nice now la!! Hmmm.. I will go for the class instead of working out alone next time.

After that, I went to do weight training.... legs torture this week!
- > abductor & adductor (@35kg, 40kg, 45kg! OMg.... I am so strong!!!!! But 6 reps for the final one. I think I should stop adding on more weight , duncha agree?!)
- > leg curls & leg extension (@25kg, 30kg, 35kg)
- > leg press @ (40kg, 50kg, 60kg)
- > 40 sets of sit ups
- > 1min ++ of plank
- > 5 minutes of stairmaster to cool down

That's about it. My drama started after my last exercise... when I realised that I don't have my locker keys! I was soooo sad... I searched around all the places I had exercised, and it wasn't there. Searched the locker room as well... nothing. Finally had to admit defeat and go to the counter and first asked if there was any keys in the lost and found. Nothing (as expected). So had to wait around more than 10 minutes for the staff to take the lock cutter out. Okay... I was quite mad because I had to wait around so long, especially since everyone didn't even bother me and I just "hinggap" at the front desk like a ghost. The only one who saw me was Hazrin who said, "Hah you are still around?". T____T And I nearly CRIED pitifully. T_____T In a "Wuuu wuuuu wuuu ~~ I lost my keys~~~ " Hahahhaa.

Anyway, when the lock cutter finally came out... holy shit, no wonder the girl was so unenthusiastic about the prospect of cutting the lock! First of all that, thing is about half a normal guy's height. It's huge. It's heavy. It's cumbersome. Thank God I was using some cheap small lock, cos I think it's going to be sooooooo difficult to cut those heavy padlocks that even TF sells. Before I could go on with the lock cutting business, I had to fill in the "lock cutting application form" which has my contact details and a detailed listing of the contents of the locker. Wah... I felt so berjenama listing everything out ... (for posterity: )
~ gym bag from Nike
~ office bag from H&M which contains - Nokia hp, Guess wallet, Panasonic Lumix camera
~ shoe bag from Nike containing Ipanema slippers....
so on and so forth...

Some more I was wearing my "pariah" gym clothes today... the baggy shirt + shorts combo.. which makes me look like an aunty shopping in a pasar basah. So not matching my locker contents, ahahahhaha!

The girl (Natalie) trudged sadly up the stairs while I raced ahead, eager to get on with the lock cutting business. As she fiddled with the lock cutter, she said, "ERm... can you help me by holding on to the lock while I cut?" OMG. I BELIEVE THAT THIS EXACT PART IS HOW TRUE FITNESS PUNISHES THE MEMBERS FOR LOSING THEIR LOCKER KEYS! It was sooooo scary okay.. can you imagine.. one giant CUTTER trying to get a grip on a tiny lock, and then you having to hold the lock with your hands. Everytime Natalie struggled with the lock cutter, I could feel the thing shaking in my hands and I was so afraid she is going to slip and cut my fingers into two. I think she could see how scared I am so she said, "Haha, don't have to be nervous." OMG... how to NOT be nervous?! *drama*

Finally, the makcik cleaner also tak tahan our ministrations and ended up cutting the lock for us. Hahaha. And I didn't need to hold on to the lock. After that, Natalie checked back the contents of the locker as per the listing I gave... blablabla... see the IC, driver's license... and I even show her that the HANDPHONE has my BEAUTIFUL PICTURE as the wallpaper.. hehehehe!

Felt so bad about the whole thing... cos the lock cutter is soooooo ma fan! It scratched and spoiled the locker a bit.... haih. I have such bad luck with locks in TF. First, I lost my lock and keys... and no one ever returned it. Then, my lock RUSTED and the key got stuck and it took like 30 minutes for me to open it again. Now, I lock myself out of the locker by losing my keys... sigh!!!

Anyway, this is how a lock looks like after getting cut :



And this was what I bought immediately after, at the 100 yen shop in Taipan. I swear, I need to stockpile these things!

0 comments: