CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Day 275

Spent my "marathon" days at Celebrity Fitness instead of being with the husband (the husband = True Fitness... Celebrity Fitness is my temporary boy toy... kekeke. By the way, the 1st husband was Fitness First. Divorced ady). The plan was actually to do 5 classes, but I wound up doing only 3. Not because I am lazy! (Maybe I am) But because there are seriously no resting periods between classes. It's like one after another without relenting. I didn't wake up early enough to have breakfast and I reallyyyyyy needed to eat. Ate at Sakae Sushi, service is soooooo slow that I ended up taking about 1.5 hours. So I missed the NEXT class as well, so that's how I wound up missing 2 classes.

The day started with Body Combat with Raymond. Gosh, I really thought he was one of the Brazilian instructors as well... but he's just really tanned. Hahaha. Thank goodness he didn't do the new release again, but old stuff like "The Roof is On Fire", "Genie in a Bottle", "Gangsta's Paradise" (remix --- for muay thai), etc. Some of the stuff are really old, and some stuff, I don't even know if he's doing it differently so we have a different / new experience in his class or it's his style or it's from BC release #1 or something. Hahaha. Anyway, it was a good workout... he gives good enough cues, only thing is he doesn't "main" with us participants. Hehehe. But that's nothing new.. it's like the Celeb Fitness style... the instructors are erm.. celebrity mar... Celebrity where got interact with peasants? :P Not to boast or criticise or anything... but there are some people who really are not doing the moves correctly, that even a n00b like myself can see. But they just go uncorrected... yeah, like if MY moves are wrong, I would appreciate it if they can correct us. But I suppose the studio is superrrrrr large and there's a LOTTTT of participants, it's easier to conduct the class from the top of the stage where he can see everyone clearly...

After that was Pole Dancing with an instructor from Viva Vertical. I didn't catch her name.. but apparently it's her first time teaching at Celeb Fitness too. I don't know how long this class has been going on, but not for very long. A lot of people there are still getting the swing of things (no pun intended), so if you're interested, you should definitely join when it's still early days. :) The instructor has a super toned & muscular body... more muscular than some Body Pump female instructors, seriously. And you really need to be muscular to be able to do pole dancing. Like hello, the advanced class has stuff like you gripping the pole with just your thighs (pls don't imagine anything dirty when I say that) , so if your legs are like taugeh, you're just going to get some serious friction burn lah. As it is, the "newbie" step of swinging round the pole is already so frickin' difficult! I managed to do it ONCE (luckily got witness... who made me damn proud when they shouted happily, "You got it!!"), but it was totally a fluke. I couldn't repeat my amazing feat. Hahaha.

Aside from the pole dancing experiments, the rest of the class was somewhat like... learning how to do Coyote Dance, but the more aggressive version. More aerobic. Quite fun. We danced to Right Round. In case you're wondering where the poles came from, the instructor has some "portable" poles which she brings along with her. It takes quite long to set up, maybe that's why this is one of the few classes that have a 30 minute break between the previous class. Anyway, she only has time to set up 2 poles, and even then I felt it was not enough. Wonder what's going to happen when this class gets more and more popular. :D

:: break for lunch , that lasted 2 hours. Ended up missing "Fun Step" which was perhaps a blessing in disguise because that class uses FOUR step boards! FOUR!!! I already had trouble with Step Intro, and that one only has two!! And also missing "Hip Hop" with Luciano, which is a shame, because as I watched the last parts of the class from the outside, it's really cool! But the class tooooo popular ady... super crowded. ::

And then I went back for Body Combat (Delon's class)... he did all the new tracks. He did his class on the floor... meaning he did the same side as us, and erm.. he wasn't on the stage. And he did go around correcting pple's moves... but his class was more intimate (read: smaller) than the earlier morning class, so I guess he had the luxury to do so. As his usual torture-style, he did 2 muay thai tracks, just to punish us. ;) It was the Gangsta's Paradise one again (zomg) and then the new release again. I think the only non-new release track he did was for conditioning... we did the "I am Rocky Balboa" one. Hee... and the cool down was really weird... a song that I've never heard before! It was some kinda version of Fields of Gold, sung by a lady instead of Sting. It was refreshing... but I still prefer Sting. :P

When I walked out of the class, Luciano was promoting his Luci's Mix class after that. He said, "Hey after this you can come to my class, we have some boom boom shake shake shake" as he wiggled his chest enticingly. Hahahaha. Thing is... I did have intention to go to his class after that, but by the time I changed and went in... the class was super packed and started already. T___T Damn I hate how they can't even slot in 5 - 10 minutes to "air" the studio before the class starts.

0 comments: