CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 13, 2009

Day 235

Finally back to Body Jam on Fridays, with Jason. I decided not to take Body Step class for the next two months or so until Anthony is back, haha. Wonder why there's replacements now... and for so long? Anyway, there's really no reason. Just using Anthony's absence as an excuse instead of admitting to my fear of Body Step. It's come to a point where I think Step is much more difficult than Attack. How else to explain why after so many years of Step, I'm still at the lowest board level? :P

Jason's class --- I only remember the "main" blocks. Latin track same as the one that Jeremy did last week. Not a fan, because there's too much turning around. And I can't get used to the contrast between the quick alternations and then the slow mambo. Then again, it's only my second time doing this track. :)

After that was the Chaka Khan block... I quite like it except for the cutesy steps at the beginning which I need some time to get used to. The 3 step-knee thing though... I like it a lot. :D Very cardio track, love it!

Recovery was B-U-D-D-Y. No comments on the song... I like it, but I still prefer Livin' a Lie or Umbrella or Anita (?? is that the name of the song? The one with Prince singing?) .

Final block was something that I've only done before ONCE. Before the track started, Jason asked me if I remember the steps. Definitely NO. I was so blur at first, was wondering what release this was. It was only when he jumped that it hit me that I have done this before once... I remember I quite liked it when it was first released. However, I was standing at the back of the class, so couldn't really enjoy myself. Today, I was in front, so I really felt happy.. can run and jump hahahaha. And it's the block with Toca's Miracle. Yep.. pretty recent release.

I think I like that performance block! The whole dip and then switch routine looks quite stylish, especially with the follow up "sweeping" arm movements. Very cool lah. Want to practice more so that it looks more polished, but starting next week they'll be practicing the new releases for 1 month! Already read from one Jam instructor's blog that the new release is not so nice. Then there was another one who said it was sooooo nice pulak, so I don't really know who to believe. Hahahha. Both instructors I haven't attended their classes religiously before, so I don't really know their "style". However, I saw Sharon & Jason practicing the moves before Attack on Monday and I think the dance for that swing number is pretty cute!

Anyway, just rambling. Talk so much for what, just 1 week more and the truth will be known, lol.

0 comments: