CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Day 246

I started a new weight training style, which will "attack & shock" the body into toning up. I think my previous style was more for performance & endurance training (high reps, lower weights). This time, it's more high weights, lower reps.

- 5 minutes warm up on threadmill
- 3 sets of chest press (25kg, 22.5kg, 20kg) - only 6 - 8 reps each
- 1 set of deltoids fly (19kg) - only 1 set cos I totally hate the fly and I think I'm doing it wrongly cos it hurts
- 1 sets of chest incline (24kg x 3)
- 3 sets of chest decline (12.5kg, 10kg, 10kg)
==== attacking the chest ========
- 3 sets of seated row
- 3 sets of pulldown
==== attacking the back =========
- 40 sit ups
- 1 min 20 secs of plank
- 1 min of alternating plank (1 leg raised into the air)
- 20 oblique curls
==== attacking the stomach =======

Half-heartedly did the triceps, but my entire upper body was feeling a bit wobbly.
I expected to be more tired than this. Maybe 6 reps are just to few? Maybe the weights weren't heavy enough? Thing is, I could barely budge anything higher, so I had to go with something that was just a few kgs more than what I'm used to. Sigh...

Will see how my muscles feel tomorrow. Right now, I'm still fine. I even ended the session with 20 minutes of Cardio Wave. Following Raymond's style of weight training first, then cardio. I think that it was a good idea for today because I had some tea time session, so some food still in the stomach is good for weight training (glycogen in the body for performance) and after weight training (and hopefully when the glycogen has been lowered.. :P), then cardio to burn fat.

0 comments: