CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Day 247

Finally got to try the latest release of Body Jam with Shirlyn tonight! I've got mixed feelings about this release... some stuff I really like, some stuff was a bit boring for me. For the first half of the class, I felt very... sien. There was samba, reggae, jive and house mixes... I can't really catch the music & I'm really sleepy so I won't go into that. I suppose the biggest challenge for this release is the body ripple (for me). I was just thinking about this dance video I saw recently that had tonnes of body ripples (non stop, and the dancer kept pushing his back lower and lower... but the movement was still very controlled) and I was telling myself, "I gotta practice that move! It's hot!" Mana tahu, now it's in the new release and there's TONNES of it. Ya can't escape!

I don't really like the scuffling-kicking walk... it's kinda clumsy, and in today's class, the only one who was doing it nicely was Shirlyn herself. :D

Jive was very nice though... really liked it. And the house track was a bit confusing at first (especially when Shirlyn previewed the entire thing at the beginning to "forewarn" us. ;)) , but I got the hang of it... it's quite nice! And as with all dance moves, pump in a bit more energy, make the movement larger and it looks pretty good. Of course, the drop&snap & point part is still confusing for me, but I think all in all... not bad for a first time.. *self praise cewahhhh*

Ok la, this release... hahahaha. Not the best there is, but not completely heinous. Still more excited over Combat & Attack releases though! :D

0 comments: