CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Day 241

I was sooooo tired and sleepy after work today, I swear, I was so scared that I would nod off on the highway. I reached the gym at 8pm.. and then.. shamelessly, parked outside Station One... I SLEPT IN MY CAR. For 45 glorious minutes. :) :) :) When I woke up, it was time for Body Attack, and I was feeling quite excited because Hazrin said that he would be doing the new launch @ Taipan on Thursday (BA was launched yesterday @ Pavilion already). When I walked into the studio, was shocked to see Prudent there! Had to walk out and check whether it's really his name on the board. :P

Anyway, he didn't do the new release - same tracks as last week, but he promised to do the new release next week. :) There was a new guy standing next to me, nearly whack into me during the superman + shuffle + two jumps forward track. But he was really nice about it to me and apologised profusely. I asked him if he was new and he said, "Yeah, how you know?" *in my heart : haha, if not new takkan you would nearly bang into me...* After the class, he said that the class was very fun, so I think he'll be back next week. Anyway, all people who are new in the class should totally admit it when the instructor asks if there are any new comers, so that the instructor can cue them on what each movement means, e.g : superman, flick, knee, kick, etc etc. Haih... why people so shy to admit it's their first time. (On the other hand, I think I have mentioned before that I can vomit blood everytime those people who are so obviously NOT new comers raise their hands... like seriously sickening man!! ADD!!!!!)

Okay, lastly... I found this really nice fitness blog recently... the guy is so called the "Cikgu Fitness" of Malaysia. Me and Raymond (who should be working harder, apparently) went thru his blog for health tips, and he wrote a lot of interesting things in an easy to understand manner. You can check out Kevin Zahri. I liked his entry on the difference between burning glycogen and burning fat. Aside from that, I mentioned his blog cos I'm going for his fitness workshop with my friend this Saturday. Hahaha.. invading another gym. :P

Another post of his that I'm going to comment about here is his review of all the gyms in KL / Selangor area. I devoured that entry & all the comments and I'm really piqued by how many people there are that are obsessed with "the little things" that a gym provides. I'm talking about the towel service, shampoo & body wash, cotton buds, the facial wipes, tissues, hair gel, etc. Okay, this is what I think about the shampoo / body wash --- it's obviously CHEAP ASS STUFF since no gym is going to be that generous to pour in Body Shop stuff for you. I tell you, I only use the body wash soap to WASH MY FEET if I come back from work and I'm rushing to a yoga class. Otherwise, I bring my own luxurious bath stuff to use. Cos my skin deserves better... I'm not going to corrode it with the bodywash provided at the gym. ;P

Ditto goes for the hair gel... if you can't provide me with Vidal Sassoon, don't bother. :P

There are things that I did miss about the 'little things'.. like towel service is a nice-to-have thing, but I don't obsess over not having it because I don't think that bringing my towel is such an awful thing. When I forget to bring my large towel, I have to use my backup shirt / small towel to wipe down instead. Or drip dry. HAhahaha. But yeah, I don't really care. At one point, I was quite sad that TF didn't have plastic bags like FF for taking back the sweaty clothes. But I remember that there was a bunch of people in FF who were petitioning for them to stop distributing the bags to save the environment anyway. So ... yeah... after a while, I didn't even think about it until today.

Maybe I was in a bad branch when I started with FF (bad in the sense of that particular branch facilities, staff, equipment, personal trainer, cleanliness, nothing to do with instructors)... so I don't really get it when people talk about the glory of FF. Recently my company started offering corporate for FF to us.. we can only get "lower rates" if we take their passport / passport gold membership. But when we look at the quoted rates given to us, it's more expensive to go through my company to sign up for the gym membership than if I were a walk-in customer. Some more ask us to pay RM199 for administration fees. All these "fees" can always be negotiated to a big fat zero. Nowadays the consultants are so hard-up that I'm sure you can bargain your monthly payments to a much lower price than what the company is "discounting" for us. Poda lah! And why they sign a deal with FF when I know my very own IT director is shaking his ass on the threadmills in TF? :P

Anyway for me, the main point is not for all these "nice to have" stuff, but for convenience. Otherwise, what is so good about having so many nice things, but you only get to visit the gym twice a week? Hee hee. It's the 20th of March, and I've gone to the gym 15 days out of 20.
(Don't think I'm losing weight though... I suddenly feel very fat today.... sighhhhhhh.)

0 comments: